They face their arch rivals, the Denver Broncos, in the Black Hole, a.k.a. the Oakland Coliseum, on Sunday 6 November 2011.
Pictured: Raiders fans root Raiders on to victory against the Denver Broncos on 12 September 2011 at Ricky's Sports Theatre and Grill in San Leandro, California
This Week's Game
The Oakland Raiders go into this week's game with a 4 and 3 record. It will be their third from the last home game of the regular 2011 reason.
We've scoured the Internet, checking out websites of newspapers in the Bay Area and Denver, Colorado, as well as the official websites of the Oakland Raiders and the Denver Broncos.
Included are quotes from both teams' coaches, journalists, and players. There are also quotes from Raiders fans and the notorious image of the Raider Nation.
Here are our Top 10 Pre Game Quotes for the matchup between Oakland and Denver.
Top 10 Quotes
- "I think you have to get after people. If I'm going to go down, I want to go down bombing everything. That's just the way I feel about it. I don't want to be sitting back watching and having people go get us.'' – Hue Jackson, Coach, Oakland Raiders.
- “We've got to play better!” – John Fox, Coach, Denver Broncos.
- “We're feeling really great,. We've got a lot of guys back, and we're just ready to roll, man. We're excited about the Broncos at home, and we've just got to get this win. First place in the division – three way tie, so we control our own destiny. It is up to us.” – Trevor Scott, Defensive End, Oakland Raiders.
- “We're hungry. Before the bye week, we lost. We got our butts kicked, 28-0, so we're hungry for this victory.” – Samson Satele, Center, Oakland Raiders.
- “They definitely swarm to the ball. They're an aggressive defense that you've got to come out there with your best game.” – Taiwan Jones, running back, Oakland Raiders.
- “It's a game that promises to be one of the weekends's ugliest. With QBs Carson Palmer and Jim Tebow both coming off atrocious games, the matchup seems likely to go to whichever offense make the fewest costly mistakes.” – Thad Nobak, columnist, San Francisco Chronicle.
- “In the search for the biggest reason the Raiders have turned the storied rivalry with the Broncos so far in the direction of the Bay Area, look no further than the horror story the Broncos' run defense has become. The Raiders have won their last four meetings with the Broncos, the first four-game winning streak for them in this division battle since the second meeting of the 1992 season through the 1994 season, a span of five consecutive Raiders wins, including a playoff victory.” – Jeff Legwold, contributor, Denver Post.
- “I also believe the games in Oakland are similar to almost every game in the league: tail gaters, kids playing football, music playing and opposing team fans there. Only difference is we don't wear cheese on our heads or wear dog masks. We like skulls and dark things because our team is silver and black." – Elias Trejo, founder,RaiderNation.com.
- “We want to be the most passionate, positively fanatical fans that help our team hopefully get a victory each and every Sunday.” – Rob Rivera, President, Black Hole Fan Club.
- “They think all these people who dress up are thugs. All these guys have great jobs. We're just like mascots of Oakland.” – Kat Anderson, State Corrections Department.
And one more thing. GO RAIDERS!!!