An increasing number of families in Australia are traveling by motor home and camper van, research by the Caravan and Recreational Vehicle Association of Australia (CRVA) shows, with 7 million Australians having visited a camping ground or holiday park across the nation over the last two years.
“More than half of the visitors to caravan parks around Australia are families holidaying with children, and they cite value and ease as the key motivators for their holiday choice,” says Apollo Motorhome Holidays CEO Luke Trouchethe.
Budget Friendliest Queensland Campgrounds
These are the top campgrounds for families according to Tourism Queensland.
- Treasure Island Holiday Park – 10 minutes from Surfer’s Paradise on the Gold Coast.
- Big 4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort – top jumping off point for all of the Whitsunday Islands.
- 1770 Camping Ground – great swimming, diving, surfing, and fishing on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Cotton Tree Caravan Park – on the sandy banks of the Maroochy River on the Sunshine Coast.
- Bargara Beach Caravan Park – a short stroll from Mon Repos Turtle Rookery.
- Lake Moogerah Caravan Park – waterskiing, fishing, canoeing, sailing, and swimming on the shoresof Lake Moogerah