National Football League
Currently Under Review! To be updated for the 2018 NFL season!
Originally published on 10 August 2012, this post is the most popular post ever published by the Accidental Travel Writer. Your input is welcome!
If the National Football League has a football team with a national fan base, it would have to be the Oakland Raiders.
The Raider Nation seems to have fans all over the place, not just throughout the United States, but also around the world.
While most of the best sports bars to watch the Raiders play are located in California, they are spread as far and wide as Arizona, Colorado, DC, Florida, Illinois, New York, and Nevada.
Top 10 Sports Bars to Watch the Raiders Play
If you can’t attend a game in person at the Black Hole, a.k.a. the Oakland Coliseum, here are the Top 10 sports bars to watch the Oakland Raiders play.
- Ricky’s Sports Theater and Grill – 15028 Hesperian Blvd, San Leandro, California Tel: (510) 352 0200 Website: Located in the heart of Oakland Raiders territory, rated by Sports Illustrated magazine as the second best sports bar in the United States. and the number one hangout for the Raider Nation in Northern California.
- Catalina Sports Bar and Grill – 2939 North 16th Street, Phoenix, Arizona. Tel: (602) 274-1320.This raucous Raiders nest was voted Best Oakland Raiders Sports Bar in the Nation a couple of years back. Can they defend their title this season?
- Peter Dillon’s – 140 East 40th Street, New York, NY. Tel: (212) 213 3998. New York might have two football teams – the New York Giants and the New York Jets – but there are more than a few Oakland Raider fans in the Big Apple. If you a member of the Raider Nation in the NYC area, this is the place for you. SHIELDS UP!
- Public Bar – 1214 B 18th Street Northwest, Washington, DC. Tel: (202) 223-2200. This is home of the DC Metro Black Hole.
- Killarney Pub and Grill – 209 Main Street, Huntington Beach, California Tel: (714) 536 7887.
- Tavern on Little Fort – 4128 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Tel: (773) 360-1969.
- Legends Sports Bar and Grill – 5866 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, Nevada Tel: (702) 778-8750.
- Last Call Sports Bar and Grill – 7052 Pecos Street, Denver, Colorado. Tel: (303) 427-4332
- O’Brien’s Irish Pub and Grill – 701 West Lumsden Road, Brandon, Florida. Tel: (813) 661-9688. This is the official Florida Raider Nation viewing location in the Tampa Bay Area.
- Davenport Ale House – 1260 Posner Boulevard, Davenport, Florida,. Tel: (863) 420-8000. This is the official Florida Raider Nation viewing location in Central Florida.
Keep in mind that bars close and fans migrate. So please call ahead to make sure that bars are still open and that they will be broadcasting games before heading to them.