Pittsburgh Steelers fans at Jerome Bettis Grille in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
National Football League
UPDATED FOR THE 2020 NFL SEASON!
The Pittsburgh Steelers compete in the North Division of the American Football Conference of the National Football League,. They play at Heinz Field. Can’t attend a game in person? Here are 20 Pittsburgh Steelers bars to watch the game with like-minded fans.
Pittsburgh Steelers Team History
As the oldest franchise in the AFC, the Pittsburgh Steelers were founded in 1933. Before the American Football League (AFL) merged with with the NFL, the Steelers had a lousy record. In fact, they never won a championship.
After the merger of the AFL and the NFL, however, the Steelers turned into a powerhouse. In fact, they have won six Super Bowls. That is more than any other American football team.
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, there are fully 1,500 sports bars in the United States “friendly” to Pittsburgh Steelers fans. In fact, there is at least one Pittsburgh Steelers bar in all 50 states!
In addition, there are even Pittsburgh Steelers sports bars overseas. For example, there are Pittsburgh Steelers sports bars in Thailand, Costa Rica, and Peru.
In fact, the Pittsburgh Steelers have a truly national football fan base. Or make that INTERNATIONAL!!!
Best Pittsburgh Steelers Bars in Pennsylvania
It is impossible to list all of the Pittsburgh Steelers bars in Pittsburgh here – let along Pennsylvania. Therefore, this is only a short list of some of the best spots to root for the Steelers in the Keystone State.
Because sports bars sometimes close and sports fans often migrate to other establishments, you should always call ahead to make sure the game you want to watch will be shown.
In addition, bars sometimes hold special events or broadcast other programming.
- Jerome Bettis Grille 36 – 393 North Shore Drive, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (412) 224-6287.
- McFadden’s – 211 North Shore Drive, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (412) 322-3470.
- Squirrel Hill Sports Bar – 5832 Forward Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (412) 422-1002.
- William Penn Tavern – 739 Bellefonte Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (412) 621-1000.
- Beerhive – 2117 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (412) 904-4502.
- Birmingham Bridge Tavern – 2901 Sarah Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (412) 381-2739.
- Primanti Brothers – 46 – 18th Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (412) 263-2142.
- Carson City Saloon – 1401 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (412) 481-3203.
- Fox & Hound – 1501 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 732-8610.
- The Pittsburgh Inn – 3725 West Lake Road, Erie, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (814) 833-0925.
- The Sturges Speakeasy – 400 Forster Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (717) 412-0931.
Where to Root for the Steelers Outside Pennsylvania
Although the following sports bars tend to attract large numbers of Steelers fans on game day, it is always a good idea to call ahead to make sure that the bar is going to show the game you want to watch.
- The Irish Exit – 978 – 2nd Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 755-8383.
- Benders Bar and Grill – 10710 Westminster Blvd, Westminster, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 974-5215.
- Blue Palms Brewhouse – 6124 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (323) 464-2337.
- Outpost Hollywood – 1624 North Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (323) 464-7678.
- Burger & Beer Joint – 160 University Town Center Drive, Sarasota, Florida. Telephone: (941) 702-9915.
- Charlie’s Bar and Grill – 1291 South Houston Lake Road, Werner Robins, Georgia. Telephone: 478) 988-3008.
- End Zone Sports Bar & Grill – 15209 Westheimer Road, Suite 100, Houston, Texas. Telephone: (281) 597-0241.
- Shakespeare’s Grille & Pub – 790 Coronado Drive, Henderson, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 837-7900.
Your Input on Pittsburgh Steelers Bars Wanted
Please leave comments on these establishments and/or recommend other sports bars friendly to Steelers fans in the COMMENT box below.
Also, would love to liven up this post with some fan shots. Please send photos of Steelers fans at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer to be added to this post.
This post contains affiliate links.