National Football League
UPDATED FOR THE NFL 2017 SEASON!
The top 10 bars to root for the Miami Dolphins in Florida and 10 more sports bars across the country. Please comment on them and feel free to recommend others. Please submit fan photos at sports bars for inclusion!
The Miami Dolphins play in the East division of the American Football Conference (AFC) of the National Football League (NFL).
The Dolphins joined the American Football League (AFL) in 1966. The AFL and the NFL merged in 1970.
The Dolphins made their first trip to the Super Bowl in 1972, losing to the Dallas Cowboys by a score of 24 to 3, not scoring even one touchdown.
The following year, the Dolphins were the first team in NFL history to complete a perfect season followed by a Super Bowl victory.
The Dolphins made their third Super Bowl appearance the following year.
Don Shula coached the Miami Dolphins from 1970 through 1995.
Known as the most successful head coach in NFL history, Coach Don led the Dolphins to 24 winning seasons during the 26 seasons that he coached the team. The Miami Dolphins have appeared in the Super Bowl five times, winning the NFL championship in 1972 and 1973.
The Miami Dolphins have one of pro-football’s most impressive records, appearing in the NFL playoffs 23 times, winning the AFC East championship 13 times.
Where to Root for the Miami Dolphins in Florida
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Miami Dolphins. Some of them are full fledged team hangouts.
Bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. Sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events. So always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- Shula’s American Steak House – 15255 Bull Run Road, Miami Lakes, Florida. Telephone: (305) 821-8150.”Founded by Miami Dolphins football coaching legend, Don Shula – the winningest coach in NFL history with 347 career wins.”
- Sports Grill – 10005 Southwest 72nd Street, Miami, Florida. Telephone: (305) 598-2227.
- Tom’s NFL American Sports Bar and Grill – 5001 Northwest 36th Street, Miami Springs, Florida. Telephone: (305) 888-6022.
- American Social – 721 East Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Telephone: (954) 764-7005.
- Bokamper’s Sports Bar & Grill – 1280 South Pine Island Road, Plantation, Florida. Telephone (954) 533-7152.
- Bru’s Room– 5460 West Hillsboro Boulevard, Coconut Creek, Florida. Telephone: (954) 571-6999.
- Duffy’s Sports Grill – 1804 Harbor Shops Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Telephone: (954) 713-6363.
- The Hideaway Bar – 516 Virginia Drive, Orlando, Florida. Telephone: (407) 898-5892.
- Smokin’ Tuna Saloon – 4 Charles Street, Key West, Florida. Telephone: (305) 517-6350.
Where to Root for the Miami Dolphins Outside Florida
While not necessarily exclusive Miami Dolphins hangouts, the following sports bars often attract Dolphins fans on game day. But always call ahead to make sure the game with will broadcast!
- Third and Long – 523 Third Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone (212) 447-5711.”Official Miami Dolphins New York Bar.”
- Rosati’s Chicago Pizza – 4629 Wieuca Road Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (404) 600-3491.
- Tommy Rocker’s Beach Bar and Grill – 4275 Dean Martin Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone (702) 261-6688.
- Sully’s Pour House – 754 Elden Street, Herndon, Virginia. Telephone: (703) 464-0522.
- 6B Lounge and Restaurant – 6 Beacon Street, Boston, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 742-0306.
- High Park Bar and Grille – 625 East Whitaker Mill Road, Raleigh, North Carolina. Telephone: (919) 833-4527.
- Half Moon Sports Grill – 288 East Greenway Parkway #103, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Tony’s Sports Bar & Grill – 8610 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, Georgia. Telephone (770) 552-2233.
- Diag Bar and Grill – 2856 North Southport Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 404-8400.
- Cuba Libre Restaurant – 10 South Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 627-0666.
Your Input Wanted
Please leave comments on these establishments and/or recommend other sports bars friendly to Miami Dolphins fans in the COMMENT box below.
Also, would love to liven up this post with some fan shots. Please send photos of Phins fans at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer to be added to this post.