Updated for the 2017 NFL season. The 10 most popular Indianapolis Colts sports bars in Indiana and 10 other parts of the country. Please comment on bars and add your own recommendations. Photos of fans at sports bars welcome!
The Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL) were originally known as the Baltimore Colts.
Founded in 1953, the football team played in Baltimore, Maryland, until 1984, when they moved to their current home in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Baltimore Ravens were established in 1996 as an expansion team.
Members of the NFL since they were founded, the Indianapolis Colts were one of three teams to switch to the American Football Conference (NFC) after the American Football League (AFL) merged with the NFL in 1970.
While in Baltimore, the Colts made it to the playoffs 10 times, winning the NFL championship in 1958, 1959, and 1968.
The Colts moved to Indianapolis, Indiana, in 1984. Since then, they have made it to the playoffs 16 times, winning two conference championships and one Super Bowl championship against the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI.
The NFL Indianapolis Colts play home games at Lucas Oil Stadium, which is located in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana.
With one of the most unique designs in the country, the brick-clad stadium can seat up to 62,421 football fans. It can be expanded to hold up to 70,000 people.
The retro styled architecture looks right at home with existing structure the vicinity.
Where to Watch the Indianapolis Colts Play in Indiana
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Indianapolis Colts. Some of them are full fledged Indianapolis Colts hangouts.
Always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be shown.
- High Velocity – 10 South West Street, Indianapolis, Indiana. Telephone: (317) 860-6500.
- Champps Indy Northside – 8711 North River Crossing, Indianapolis, Indiana. Telephone: (317) 574-0557.
- Coaches Tavern – 28 South Pennsylvania Street, Indianapolis, Indiana. Telephone: (317) 917-1191.
- George's Neighborhood Grill – 6935 Lake Plaza Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana. Telephone: (317) 577-1600.
- Kilroy's Bar N' Grill – 201 South Meridian Street, Indianapolis, Indiana. Telephone: (317) 638-9464.
- Moe and Johnny's – 5380 North College Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana. Telephone: (317) 255-6376.
- Ale Emporium - 8617 Allisonville Road, Indianapolis, Indiana. Telephone: (317) 842-1333.
- Average Joes's Sports Pub and Grub – 816 Broad Ripple Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana. Telephone: (317) 253-5844.
- Bradley's Bar and Grill – 605 West Broadway Street, Loogootee, Indiana. Telephone: (812) 295-3600.
- Hoopsters Bar and Grill – 830 East 10th Street, Jeffersonville, Indiana. Telephone: (812) 914-7101.
Where to Watch the Colts Play in Other Parts of the Country
While not necessarily exclusive Indianapolis Colts hangouts, the following sports bars often attract Colts fans on game day. But always call ahead to make sure the game with will broadcast!
- Keat's Bar – 842 – 2nd Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 682-5490.
- Four Shadows Tavern & Grill – 2758 North Ashland, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 248-9160.
- Slugger's – 3540 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 248-0055.
- Mullen's – 7301 North Western Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone; (773) 465-2113.l
- Fado Irish Pub – 273 Buckhead Avenue Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (404) 841-0066.
- Bus Stop – 1901 Union Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 567-6905.
- Field House – 1150 Filbert Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 629-1520.
- Thirsty Lion – 7014 East Camelback Road, Suite 1423, Scottsdale, Arizona. Telephone: (480) 284-7292.
- Timbers Bar and Grill – 6330 East Lake Mead Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 459-4232.
- Rooster's Restaurant – 7370 West Atlantic Blvd, Margate, Florida. Telephone; (954) 971-6044.
Your Input Wanted
Please leave comments on these establishments and/or recommend other sports bars friendly to Indianapolis Colts fans in the COMMENT box below.
Also, would love to liven up this post with some fan shots. Please send photos of Colts fans at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer for inclusion.