UPDATED FOR THE NFL 2017 SEASON: the top 10 bars to root for the Baltimore Raven in the Baltimore area and 10 more bars across the country. Please comment on them and feel free to recommend others. Please submit fan photos at sports bars for inclusion!
First there were the Baltimore Colts. The Baltimore Colts were an All-America Football Conference franchise from 1947 to 1949 and a National Football League franchise in 1950.
It was disbanded after the 1950 season. A new football team, also called the Baltimore Colts, was an National Football League franchise from 1953 to 1983. The team was relocated to Indianapolis, Indiana, in 1984.
Edgar Allen Poe
The move was highly controversial, causing outrage in Cleveland, Ohio. It was decided to create a new identity for the team so that the Cleveland Browns legacy could remain with the city of Clevelend.
A new football franchise was established in Cleveland, and it was named the Cleveland Browns.
After relocating to Baltimore, Maryland, the team was renamed the Baltimore Ravens in honour of Edgar Allen Poe, who lived for a time in Baltimore and died and was buried there in 1849. Poe’s most famous poem was entitled The Raven.
The Baltimore Ravens have been highly successful in their brief history. They have made the playoffs eight times since 2000, winning the American Football Conference North three times in 2003, 2006, and 2011.
Where to Watch the Baltimore Ravens in Maryland
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Baltimre Ravens. Some of them are full fledged team hangouts, others are Orioles sports bars but welcome Ravens fans on gameday.
Bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. Sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events. So always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- Mother’s Grille – 1113 Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 244-8686.
- Looney’s Pub Canton – 2900 O’Donnel Street, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 803-7080.
- Pickles Pub – 520 Washington Blvd, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 752–1781.
- Game – 1400 B Warner Street, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 385-0100.
- Alonso’s Loco Hombre – 413 – 415 West Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 235-3433.
- Bo Brook Restaurant and Catering – 2780 Lighthouse Point, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 558-0202.
- Charles Village Pub and Patio – 19 West Pennsylvania Aveneue, Towson, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 821-1818.
- Hightopps Backstage Grille – 2306 York Road, Timonium, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 560-7101.
- Green Turtle – 8872 McGaw Road, Suite C, Columbia, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 312-5255.
- DeSantis’ Pizza Grill and Bar – 96366 Bel Air Road, Perry Hall, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 256-2770.
Where to Watch the Baltimore Ravens Outside Maryland
While not exclusively Baltimore Ravens hangouts, the following sports bars often attract … fans on game day. But always call ahead to make sure the game with will broadcast!
- Chopper’s Sports Grill – 80 South Madison Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 399-4448.
- The Parlor – 7250 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (323) 930-2100.
- Kirby’s Grillin’ & Chillin’ – Plaza LaMer Shopping Center, 841 Donald Ross Road, Juno Beach, Florida. Telephone: (561) 627-8000.
- Social Tap Scottsdale – 4312 North Brown Avenue, Scottsdale, Arizona. Telephone: (602) 432-6719.
- Dirty Birds – 4656 Mission Blvd, Pacific Beach, San Diego. Telephone: (858) 274-2473.
- Crab Corner Maryland Seafood House – 6485 South Rainbow Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 489-4646.
- Corxley Ale House – 190 Main Street, Farmingdale, New York. Telephone: (516) 293-7700.
- Michael’s Pizzeria and Sports Pub – 4091 North Broadway Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telehone: (6773) 929-4149.
- Cavanaugh’s University City – 119 South 39th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 386-4889.
- Hudson Grille Midtown – 942 Peachtree Street Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (404) 892-0892.
Readers have suggested the following establishments:
Pour House Bar and Grill – 907 Boylston Street, Boston, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 236-1767.
Mac’s Industrial Sports Bar – 312 Central Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Hey, thanks for adding the Austin group to your list. We have a great group. We haven’t met at The Tavern since last year, though. We’re now at Upper Decks, 301 Barton Springs Rd. Can you update that? Thanks, Aaron Brazell (via email).
Consider it updated, Aaron! And a sincere thank you for the head’s up! If you have any fan pictures, we’d love to see them. – the Accidental Travel Writer.
. . . . . . . . . .
Kirbys in Juno Beach, FL, is one of the largest groups of Ravens fans outside Baltimore. Even the owner of the Ravens who lives seasonally in Jupiter comes to hang at Kirby’s! On gameday 50-200 ravens fans will gather depending on the time of year. We had a road trip this year to Miami and had over 1000 people at our tailgate and party the night before. – James Rouse (via email – more at Florida Flock South Fla and Facebook/Florida Flock)
Sounds awesome, James, and thanks very much for the feedback. We’ve amended the listing. Do you have any fan shots you can contribute? – Accidental Travel Writer.
Your Feedback Wanted
Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments. Please send any corrections or additions to the Accidental Travel Writer or leave a comment in the comment box below.