San Diego is a lovely city with a great climate. I attended a Super Bowl in San Diego once, and what a great place to watch a football game!
I, for one, think that all Super Bowls should be held in cities with warm winters. Half the fun of going to a Super Bowl was escaping winter for a few days. Attending the game was like icing on the cake.
Imagine the disappointment of having your team make it to the Super Bowl and then having to fly to some city in Minnesota or Michigan?
Thank goodness Anchorage, Alaska, doesn’t have a football team! Next you’d know, we’d be having a Super Bowl in the Arctic Circle!
Still, San Diego Chargers fans are ever hopeful. If you can’t catch a game at Qualcomm Stadium, here are some of the best sports bars to root for them.
Top 10 Sports Bars Friendly to San Diego Chargers Fans
- Players Sports Bar – 7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, California. Telephone: (858) 277-7060.
- Gaslamp Tavern – 868 – 5th Avenue, San Diego, California. Telephone: (619) 239-3339.
- McGregor’s Grill and Ale House – 10475 San Diego Mission Road. San Diego, California. Telephone: (619) 282-9797.
- TVRN Bowl – 930 Market Street, San Diego, California. Telephone: ( 619) 677-2695.
- Miller’s Field – 4465 Mission Boulevard, San Diego, California. Telephone: (858) 483-4143.
- Oggi’s Pizza and Brewing Company – 10155 Rancho Carmel Drive, San Diego, California. Telephone (858) 592-7883.
- Whisky Girl – 702 – 5th Avenue, San Diego, California. Telephone: (619) 236-1616.
- 710 Beach Club – 710 Garnet Avenue, Pacific Beach, California. Telephone: (858) 483-7844.
- The Swinging Door – 106 East 25th Avenue, San Mateo, California. Telephone: (650) 522-9800.
- Gold Rush Saloon – 3399 Peger Road, Fairbanks, Alaska. Telephone: (907) 456-6410.
Your Feedback Wanted
Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments. Please send any corrections or additions to the Accidental Travel Writer or leave a comment in the comment box below.