The United States, France, and Spain dominated the Top 50 Restaurants list organized by Restaurant magazine and sponsored by Diners Club International, but only Spain – with three restaurants – had multiple spots in the Top 10.
Austria, Brazil, Denmark, England, Germany, Italy, and the United States all had one restaurant ranked among the 10 best eateries in the global ranking.
If there were any surprises, it was only how poorly Asian restaurants performed. Only seven restaurants on the world's most populous continent made the top 50 list.
There were two in Hong Kong, two in Tokyo, and one each in Singapore, Bangkok, and Shanghai.
Click on the restaurant names to be taken to their websites for more information.
World's 10 Best Restaurants
1. El Celler de Can Roca – Catalan Cuisine, Girona, Spain.
2. Noma – Nordic Cuisine, Copenhagen, Denmark.
3. Osteria Francescana – Italian Cuisine, Modena, Italy.
4. Mugaritz – Basque Cuisine, San Sabastian, Spain.
5. Eleven Madison Park – American Cuisine, New York, New York.
6. D.O.M. – Brazilian Cuisine, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
7. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal – British Cuisine, London, England.
8. Arzak – Basque, Cuisine, San Sebastian, Spain.
9. Steirereck – Austrian Cuisine,Vienna, Austria.
10. Vendôme – New German Cuisine, Bergisch Gladbach, Germany.
Top Restaurants in Asia
The following seven Asian restaurants made the Top 50 Best Restaurants list:
20. Narisawa – Tokyo, Japan.
22. Nihonryori Ryugin – Tokyo, Japan.
32. Nahm – Bangkok, Thailand.
36. Amber – Hong Kong.
38. Restaurant Andre – Singapore
39. 8-1/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana – Hong Kong.
43. Mr and Mrs Bund – Shanghai, China.
Your Response Wanted!
Have you eaten at any of these restaurants? If so, do you agree with its ranking? And what, in your opinion, is the best restaurant you have ever eaten at?
Please post your comment on Facebook at the following link: Accidental Travel Writer on Facebook. And don't forget to LIKE us while you're there!