Food and Beverage
Bars in the Asia Pacific took four of the Top 10 places in the World’s 50 Best Bars competition, which was held at One Mayfair in London’s West End district. But they only took another six places in the remaining 40.
Australia accounted for the lion’s share. Four of them were located in or about Sydney. Three were in Greater Melbourne (Fitzroy to be precise). Two were located in Singapore, with one each in Hong Kong and Tokyo.
But Tokyo’s sole representative on the Top 50 list was also the best bar in Asia – and the third best worldwide.
Ten Best Bars in the Asia Pacific
The World’s 50 Best Bars Awards were organized and compiled by Drinks International Magazine.
And the Awards Ceremony was held at One Mayfair in London, England, on 10 October 2013. It was attended by 500 bar professionals.
1. Bar High Five – 4th Floor, 26 Polestar Building, 7-2-14 Ginza, Tokyo, Japan (global rank: 3).
2. Black Pearl Epicure – 204 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia (global rank: 7).
3. The Baxter Inn – Basement 152 – 156 Clarence Street, Sydney, Australia (global rank: 8).
4. 28 Hong Kong Street – 28 Hong Kong Street, Singapore (global rank: 10).
5. Everleigh Melbourne – 150 – 156 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia (global rank: 24).
6. Eau de Vie – 229 Darlinghurst, Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia (global rank: 25).
7. Bulletin Place – 1st Floor, 10-14 Bulletin Place, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (global rank: 26).
8. Quinary – 56-58 Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong (global rank: 38).
9. Shady Pines Saloon – Shop 4, 256 Crown Streetm Darkinghurst, New South Wales, Australia (global rank: 41).
10. Tipping Club – 8D Dempsey Road, Singapore (global rank: 45).