Founded in 1966, the Cincinnati Bengals were almost always in contention for the playoffs, winning American Football Conference championships in 1981 and 1988. They lost Super Bowls XVI and XXIII, however, falling both times to to the San Francisco 49ers.
Since then it has been all downhill for the Cincinnati Bengals. The 1990s and the 2000s were a period of great struggle, with bad management, frequent changes in coaches, and draft picks that didn't live up the expectations.
Where to Watch the Cincinnati Bengals play
The following sports bars are considered friendly to fans of the Cincinnati Bengals. Some are full fledged Cincinnati Bengals hangouts.
- Champions Grill – 3670 Werk Road, Cincinnati, Ohio. Telephone: (513) 376-8920.
- Local's Bar & Grill – 19 East 7th Street, Cincinnati, Ohio. Telephone: (513) 721-BALL.
- Symmes Tavern on the Green – 500 Wessel Drive, Fairfield, Ohio. Telephone: (513) 829-8440.
- Monks Cove – 1104 Saint Gregory Street, Cincinnati, Ohio. Telephone: (513) 7600.
- Anderson Township Pub – 6694 Clough Pike, Cincinnati, Ohio. Telephone: (513) 231- 0601.
- Willie's Sports Café – 6380 Glenway Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio. Telephone: (513) 922-3377.
- Phebe's Tavern & Grill – 359 Bowery, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 358-1902.
- The Front Page – 310 Mass Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana. Telephone: (317) 631-6682.
- 72 North – 72 North Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena, California. Telephone: (626) 578-9990.
- Barney's Beanery -1531 – 3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica, California. Telephone: (310) 656-5777.
Your Feedback Wanted
Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments. Please send any corrections or additions to the Accidental Travel Writer or leave a comment in the comment box below.