Food + Beverage
Singapore is one of the world's best cities for foodies! From roadside stalls to fine dining restaurants. Keep reading for a short list of the Lion City's most popular French restaurants.
From Chinatown to Little India to Orchard Road, diners in the Lion City are spoiled for choice when it comes to eating out.
Thanks to its multicultural ethnic makeup, Singapore has some fantastic Chinese, Indian, and Malaysian eateries. But you can also find restaurants serving great food from other countries, as well.
Does that include French food? Let's check out the best – or should I say most POPULAR – French restaurants in Singapore, with some random comments from foodies …
Note: restaurants serving French cuisine rather than fusion were preferred in the preparation of this list. TripAdvisor and other sources were consulted.
Best French Eateries in Singapore
Click on restaurant names for a direct link to their website. TripAdvisor and other sources were consulted in the preparation of this list.
1. Rhubarb Le Restaurant – 3 Duxton Hill, Singapore. Telephone: +65 8127-5991.
- Overall a very good evening, well worth the money. room is soberly decorated and was pleasantly quiet. Considerate service and creative menu. The chef really plates preparation out of the beaten path from excellent quality ingredients." – David S., Singapore
2. Andre – 41 Bukit Pasoh Road, Singapore. Telephone: . +65 6534-8880.
- Although the dishes change daily I won't spoil the surprise or bore you with the details of each of the amazing dishes that we had for lunch at Andre. I will tell you that the dining room is small but very tastefully decorated. Equally as good as the food was the service. Stepan and Vanessa were very professional but also great personalities." – Foodzilla, New Delhi, India.
3. JaanY – Level 70, Equinox Complex, Swissotel, The Stamford, 2 Stamford Road, Singapore. Telephone: +65 6837-3322.
- "The appetizers were well choosen going from Caviar and chou-fleur mouseline to colorful veggy salad with burrata and macaron. Egg yoke with ham on smoky plate.The main plates went from sea with a splendid fish to a very well prepared pigeon … The chocolate dessert is a success. We will definitely go back." – Olivier M., Geneva, Switzerland.
4. Fleur De Sel Le Restaurant – 64 Tras Street #01-01, Singapore. Telephone: +65 6222-6861.
- "Amongst the consistently tasty [courses} I'd recommend include: pan-fried scallops, lobster bisque, foie gras, slow-cooked pork belly and lobster. I've had those dishes at least 3x each. The cheese plate is also highly recommended!" – Clarence K., Singapore.
5. Raffles Grill – . Telephone: +65 6412-1816.
- "Second time here. Second superb review! Nothing more to be said, Great service, great food and superb service. This place is very expensive but it is so good the price is slightly irrelevant. If you're in Singapore, save up and go there. The Strip Loin is epic!" – Tim Chambola, Stoke-on-Trend, United Kingdom.
6. Grillery - 46 Buket Pasoh Road,, Singapore. Telephone: +65 6222-6777.
- "Had a really good dining experience here. The waiter was attentive and knowledgable. My friend had food preferences and the chef came out to discuss and customize a dish for her. I had the filet which was amazing. If you don't mind the heat, then get a table outdoors by the river." – TeMinka, Singapore.
7. Bar-Roque Grill – 165 Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore. Telephone: +65 6444-9672.
- "Must haves: Spinach Salad, Fish/Scallop Carpaccio, NZ Little Neck Clams, Free-range Chicken, and (for the hungry ones…) the Beef Platter! You really can't go wrong with any dish here, but these are some of our favorites! You will feel at home here with Kori and Stephane. Make sure this is on your go-to list of restaurants in Singapore! Great food quality, excellent wine list, and great service…always!" – UsInSing, Singapore.
8. Saint Pierre – 31 Ocean Way, #01 – 15 Quayside Isle, Singapore. Telephone: +65 6438-0887.
- "The 48 hour sous-vide beef short rib was as good as I remembered it, with an excellent risotto and grilled vegetables. It was interesting to see the totally diferent character for a Mother's day lunch, compared to more usual dinner setting I have, and it had a very nice relaxed family atmosphere to it!" – IanVGS, The Hague, the Netherlands.
9. Les Amis – 1 Scotts Road, #01-16 Shaw Centre, Singapore. Telephone: +65 6733-0106.
- "The menu was impeccably curated, and I enjoyed the straight-forward simplicity of the dishes, that focused on the integrity of the ingredients and the technique in preparing them. Wine list and selection is one of the best I've seen. Service was excellent and all the staff can anticipate diner needs before they ask." – Believe in Steve, Makati, the Philippines.
10. Gunther's Modern French Cuisine – 36 Purvis Street, #01-03, Singapore. Telephone: +65 6338-8955.
- "I have been a fan of Gunthers for years. What's not to like? The restaurant is a respite from the outside world & has an intimate, cocoon like atmosphere. The service staff are excellent and treat their guests very well. Chef himself is all affability and greets diners as if they are visiting his home. The food is excellent and well executed." – Kenneth W., Singapore.
Can you recommend at good French restaurant in Singapore? PLease mention a couple of dishes and make sure to comment on the ambience and the service.
Please post your comment in the Comment Box below or on Facebook at the following link: Accidental Travel Writer on Facebook. And don't forget to LIKE us while you're there!