Food + Beverage
Bangkok has some great restaurants, and French restaurants are no exception. Haute cuisine? Brasserie? Molecular? Keep reading for a short list of the Big Mango’s most popular French restaurants.
From streetside stalls to food courts at shopping malls to fine dining restaurants at 5 star hotels, foodies with a growling tummy are spoiled for choice in the Big Mango!
Thailand has a magnificent cuisine of its own. But that doesn’t mean you can’t get great food from other countries in Thailand!
In fact, much to my surprise, I have sometimes found myself enjoying Western food even more than Thai food when eating out in Thailand! Why??? Because it is really tasty – and beautifully presented!!!
Does that include French food? Let’s check out the best – or should I say most POPULAR – French restaurants in Bangkok, with some random comments from foodies . . .
Best French Eateries in Bangkok
Click on restaurant names for a direct link to their website. TripAdvisor and other sources were consulted in the preparation of this list.
1. Le Normandie – Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, 48 Oriental Avenue, Bangkok, Thailand. Telephone: +66 (2) 659 9000.
- “My experience in this restaurant is unforgettable. Apart from the good food, services provided was remarkable. Good atmosphere together with the courteous services did add our appetise,” Hip Hung L., Hong Kong.
2. Le Maverick Restaurant and Bar – Sukhumvit 21 Soi 3 | Ocean Tower II, Bangkok, Thailand. Telephone: +66 (2) 665 2772.
- “High quality food, oyster are fresh, angus beef are delicous, the soup on the third of the menu is very tasty by the way. The chocolate mosse dessert is a bit sweeter than expacted,” Fat C, Hong Kong.
3. L’Appart Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit – 189 Sukhumvit Road Soi 13-15 Klongtoey Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand. Telephone: +66 (2) 126 9999.
- “The atmosphere, food and service are nice in L’Appart. You can feel the atmosphere have sweet home feeling as you can see the kitchen. I like the restaurant area is clean and bright. If you would like to have romantic with nightview, you can reserve the balcony area,” DAu44, Hong Kong.
4. The Reflections – Plaza Athénée Bangkok, 61 Witthayu (Wireless) Road., Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand. Telephone: +66 (2) 650 8800.
- “Compared to other French restaurants we have tried in Bangkok. This has to be one of the best with casual/modern atmosphere, which we like,” Rosalin C., Bangkok, Thailand.
5. J P French Restaurant – 59/1 Sukhumvit Road Soi 31,Klongtoey,Wattana | Between Soi 23 and Soi 31(Soi Sawadee), Bangkok, Thailand. Telephone: +66 (2) 258 4247.
- “Excellent, modestly priced meal for what we got, the food was exceptional. Fresh foie gras was beautiful and the steak was perfectly cooked,” Andrew O., Melbourne, Australia.
6. Water Library Chamchuri – 2nd floor, Chamchuri Square | Samyan, Bangkok, Thailand. Telephone: +66 (0) 160-5188.
- If you are looking for a classic French restaurant (the kind with heavy linens and at your table type service) this should be your first choice. In a party of 6, we almost savoured all options in their small but superb menu,” Yeadriankl, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
7. Le Petit Zinc Yan Akart – 15/1 Yen Akart Road, Bangkok, Thailand. Telephone: +66 (0) 2 249 5572.
- “Just visited this restaurant today for the first time. It immediately became a favourite. The food was very fresh and seasoned perfectly,” Gareth Finch, Bangkok, Thailand.
8. L’Atelier Bangkok de Joel Robuchon – 5/F, MahaNakhon CUBE, 96 Narathiwas Ratchanakharin Rd., Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand. Telephone: +66 (0) 2 001 0698.
- “The 7 course tasting menu with matching wine was a great success. Wonderful food and beautiful matching wine served by friendly professional staff was easily on par with their Paris headquarters,” Cellticjo58, Ireland.
9. Le Boeuf – 60 Soi Langsuan, Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand. Telephone: +66 (2) 652 0207.
- “All you have to decide about your meal is the choice between beef (entrecote), lamb, or salmon. The rest will be just refilling your plate with chips. There are some choices of starter and more on dessert,” KwinAun, Bangkok, Thailand.
10. Maison Blanche – No. 38, Nsarathiwat Road, Soi 2, Silom Bang Rak, Bangkok, Thailand. Telephone: +66 (0) 2 634 7939.
- “It is nice to have lunch or dinner at the terrace, near the bar or inside among a nice decor. The owner is very friendly and the staff is smiling. I come there often with my friends or for business lunch and it is always a pleasure,” ManuinBangkok, Bangkok, Thailand.