An eco-resort in Coran, Philippines, offers complimentary island-hopping tours to hotel guests. Stops are made at three of four islands near the hotel, which is itself located on an island.
Countless islands dot the waters of Coron in North Palawan in the Philippines, and several operators offer island hopping boat tours, which often make stops for snorkeling, swimming, hiking, and picnicking.
Club Paradise, an eco-resort located on Dymakya Island, offers hotel guests complimentary island-hopping tours aboard its fleet of wooden catamarans.
Both half-day four hour tours and full-day six hour tours are available. Weather permitting, they depart from the sandy beach in front of the hotel at 8 am. A minimum of two hotel guests is required.
Tours usually visit three of the following four islands:
- Isla Walang Lang-aw – a 15 minute voyage, the island has no natural shade, but boat boys bring umbrellas. There is a small sand bar and rocky cliffs.
- Isla Walang Tao – a 35 minute voyage, the island has no docking facilities, so guests need to either swim or take small boats ashore.
- Dimalanta – a 40 minute voyage, the island has no docking facilities, so guests need to either swim or take small boats ashore.
- Diatoy -a 45 minute voyage, the island is covered by trees and wild flowers.
Lunches can be ordered from the hotel’s restaurant and served aboard the boat.
Much to my disappointment, I missed the 8 am departure, missing the boat in the most literal sense of the phrase.
I thought the tour departed at 8.30 am. I was informed after lunch, while I was working on my computer on the veranda, however, that a special voyage could be arranged.
Not only that, I would be the only passenger on board!
My luck didn’t stop there. One of the boat boys took my underwater camera and shot dozens of stellar photos of the coral reefs and tropical fish for me.
He even took a few shots of me!
Because time was short, there was only enough time to visit two islands.Unfortunately, exceptionally strong waves prevented us from stopping at the second island.
Oh, well. Not everything can go your way.
Club Paradise, Dymakya Island, Coron, Palawan, Philippines. Tel: (02) 719 6971.
Where to Eat and Stay in Coron
Find the perfect place to eat in Cebu …
Find the perfect place to stay in Coron …
- Club Paradise Palawan
- The Funny Lion
- Browse more Coron hotels on TripAdvisor
#FestivePhilippines #TPBHL #TBEXPH #TBEXAsiaPacific2016 #tpbgovph #VisitPhilippinesAgain2016