The Jacksonville Jaguars face the Pittsburgh Steelers in the divisional round two of the AFC playoffs on 14 January at Heinz Field after defeating Buffalo Bills. If you can’t attend the game in person, here are 10 sports bars in Florida and nine other parts of the country where you can root for the Jags.
For the first time in history, the Jacksonville Jaguars (10-6) have won the title of the AFC South. They have also reached the NFL playoffs for the first time since 2007.
The Jaguars defence ranks first in the NFL this season in terms of yards per play, pass defence, and interceptions. They are second in terms of total defence.
The Jaguars lead the NFL in rushing offence and are fifth in scoring.
The Jacksonville Jaguars have never reached the Super Bowl. Could the 2017 NFL season be the Big Cat’s lucky year?
That’s what the Bold City Brigade is hoping for!
Where to Root for the Jaguars in Florida
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Some of them are full-fledged team hangouts.
Bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. Sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events. So always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- Engine 15 Brewing – 1500 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville Beach, Florida. Telephone: (904) 249-2337.
- The Garage – 2692 Post Street, Riverside, Jacksonville, Florida. Telephone: (904) 374-2581
- Hoptinger Bier Garden and Sausage House – 333 – 1st Street, Jacksonville Beach, Florida. Telephone: (904) 222-0796
- Miller’s Tallahassee Ale House Restaurant – 722 Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee, Florida. Telephone: (850) 222-0364.
- Duffy’s Sports Grill – 721 Village Road, West Palm Beach, Florida. Telephone: (561) 688-1820.
- Ancient City Brewing – 3420 Agricultural Center Drive, St. Augustine, Florida. Telephone: (904) 429-9654.
- Wicket ‘Wiches and Brew – 223 South Howard Avenue, Tampa, Florida. Telephone: (813) 254-4854.
- Muddy Waters Restaurant – 2337 West Hillsboro Blvd, Deerfield, Florida. Telephone: (954) 428-6577.
- Norton’s Sports Bar and Grill – 1824 Main Street, Dunedin, Florida. Telephone: (727) 734-2053.
Where to Root for the Jaguars Outside Florida
While not exclusively Jacksonville Jaguar hangouts, the following sports bars often attract Jaguar fans on game day. But always call ahead to make sure the game with will broadcast!
- St. Pat’s Bar and Grill NYC – 22 West 46th Street, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 391-1111. “St. Pat’s Bar and Grill is the Official Jaguars Suportersclub.”
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers – 1770 Peachtree Street Northwest, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (404) 687-4766.
- Overtime Bar – 100 Frankfurt Circle, Birmingham, Alabama. Telephone: (205) 202-5674.
- Lion and Rose British Restaurant and Pub – 842 Northwest Loop 410, Northwest Shopping Center, Suite 115, San Antonio, Texas. Telephone: (210) 798-4154.
- Northend Bar and Grill – 2626 Hermosa Avenue, Hermosa Beach, California. Telephone: (310) 379-5379.
- The Hidden Shamrock – 2723 North Halsted Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 883-0304.
- Bobby V’s – 4301 South Bowen Road, Arlington, Texas. Telephone: (817) 467-9922.
- T-Bones Sports Pub – 1971 WTC Jester Blvd, Houston, Texas. Telephone: (713) 864-3944.
- Satchmo’s Bar and Grill – 13375 Olive Blvd, Woodchase Plaza, Chesterfield, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 878-3886.
The Jacksonville Jaguars compete in the National Football League (NFL) in the South division of the American Football Conference (AFC).
The Jaguars play home games at EverBank Field, which is located in downtown Jacksonville, Florida.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are one of three professional American football based in the state of Florida.
Other Florida based football teams include the Miami Dolphins and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
The Miami Dolphins compete in the South division of the AFC of the NFL. The Buccaneers compete in the South division of the NFC of the NFL.
The Jacksonville Jaguars and the Carolina Panthers joined the NFL as expansion teams in 1995. The Jaguars won division championships in 1998 and 1999 as members of the now-defunct AFC Central division.
The football team has reached the AFC playoffs six times, most recently in 2007. Could this be their lucky year?
Your Input Wanted
Please leave comments on these establishments and/or recommend other sports bars friendly to Jacksonville Jaguars fans in the COMMENT box below.
Also, would love to liven up this post with some fan shots. Please send photos of Jaguars fans at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer for inclusion.