Manathai Surin Phuket is located on popular Surin Beach on Phuket, an island in Southern Thailand.
Manathai Surin Phuket is proving popular with LGBT travelers throughout the year, especially from couples based in Europe and Australia. The stylish beach resort is one of four Manathai resort hotels in Thailand.
The Thai-based hotel group Manathai Hotels and Resorts has boutique hotels in four of Thailand’s most popular travel destinations: Hua Hin, Khao Lak, Koh Samui, and Phuket.
The resorts are proving popular with LGBT guests from around the world because of the gay-friendly environment they offer.
There has been a steady increase in the number of bookings from gay and lesbian couples, especially at the brand’s signature property, the Manathai Surin Phuket, the hotel group says.
The original owners of the hotel were gay, and they felt strongly about making sure that LGBT travelers would always feel welcome at the hotel.
Hotel rooms are Manathai Surin Phuket have Thai inspired accents.
“The hotel has always welcomed members of the global gay community, particularly couples, and has been recognized for this with the longstanding support of LGBT travelers,” says Matt Fynch, Group Director of Sales, Marketing and Distribution, Manathai Hotels and Resorts.
“Through collaboration with LGBT travel companies, we are expanding this positive relationship to become a top accommodation choice for gay travelers to Phuket. Our LGBT guests generally prefer to make reservations directly through the Manathai website and often come via specialist LGBT travel websites,” Matt adds.
Thailand has a global reputation as an LGBT-friendly destination, with a dynamic gay-scene. It has been popular with same-sex couples for many years.
“Our facilities and services have a proven appeal for LGBT couples, with private, stylish, comfortable rooms and a popular Thai restaurant on site,” says Pradtana ‘Noina’ Tubprayoon, Hotel Manager, Manathai Surin Phuket.
”We have already developed a loyal following, and we are pleased to welcome sophisticated gay travelers to Phuket for their next vacation.
Many of the rooms at the hotel have private balconies with outdoor seating.
The interior design all rooms and suites at the hotel is contemporary with subtle Thai touches. All rooms have a desk, an en-suite bathroom, and complimentary wi-fi.
- Deluxe Rooms – standard rooms with double beds, deluxe rooms sleep two people.
- Deluxe Pool View Rooms – situated on upper floors, deluxe pool view rooms have private balconies with views of the swimming pool and gardens.
- Deluxe Pool Access Rooms – situated on the ground floor, deluxe pool access rooms have direct access to the swimming pool..
- Surin Rooms – larger than deluxe rooms, Surin rooms have king-sized beds and private balconies overlooking the gardens.
- Family Rooms – measuring 70 square metres, family rooms have living rooms, master bedrooms with king size beds, children’s bedrooms with two children’s beds, and two en-suite bathrooms. Spread across two floors, they have private balcones with garden views.
- Deluxe Suites – measuring 70 square metres, deluxe suites have living rooms downstairs and master bedrooms with king-sized beds and en-suite bathrooms upstairs. They have private balconies with views of the swimming pool and gardens.
- Surin Terrace Room – with a private garden terrace, Surin terrace rooms have a plunge pool. Beds are king-sized and en-suite bathrooms have separate bathtubs and showers.
Food + Beverage
Phad Thai – the hotel’s restaurant serves mouth-watering Thai dishes, Phad Thai (pictured above) is open for lunch and dinner.
Pool Bar – beverages and light snacks are served by the swimming pool at the Pool Bar (pictured above).
Facilities + Activities
The hotel has two swimming pools and a full service spa. Various kinds of activities can be arranged.
Location, Location, Location
Manathai Surin Phuket is located on Surin Beach, which is often referred to as “Millionaire’s Row” because of the large number of VIPs that have built lavish homes there.
In addition to private residences, Surin Beach also has a large number of exclusive restaurants, bars, and beach clubs.
Located on Phuket’s West Coast, Surin Beach is located about 15 kilometres north of Patong, which is known locally as party central.
During monsoon season, Surin Beach can have a very strong undertow, so swimmers should not swim if red flags are hoisted.
Phuket is the largest island in Thailand. Located in the southwestern part of the country, it consists of the island of Phuket and 32 smaller islands.
Surin Beach is 23 kilometres from Phuket International Airport. The drive takes about 40 minutes.
Phuket Airport is the third busiest airport in Thaland after Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Mueang International Airport in Bangkok.
The airport is a hub for Bangkok Airways, Orient Thai Airlines , Thai AirAsia, and Thai Airways. The airport has two terminals: one for domestic flights and one for international flights.
The airport is served by close to 50 domestic and foreign air carriers including the following Accidental Travel Writer affiliates:
The three Middle Eastern airlines offer connecting service to Africa, the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East through their respective hubs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; and Doha, Qatar.
- Recommended: Airlines Upgrade Thailand Flight Service>>
Manathai Surin Phuket – 121/1 Moo 3, Srisunthorn Road, Cheng Talay, Thalang, Phuket, Thailand. Telephone: +66 7636-0250.
- Get more information, get room rates, and read guest reviews at your favourite hotel website: TripAdvisor or Hotels.com