Renaissance Hotels has opened its fourth hotel in Thailand, the Renaissance Pattaya Resort and Spa. The hotel is roughly a two hours’ drive from Bangkok. It is located in the laid back Na Jomtien district of Pattaya province.
Interior design firm P49 was behind the hotel’s creative concepts, which were inspired by the once sleepy fishing village’s serene beach-side setting.
Wood, veneer, and metal finishes in organic earthy tones are highlighted by marine shades of cobalt and gentian blue.
Thai silk, cotton, chenille, and jute add a layer of local texture and complement the overall design scheme.
The hotel has 257 rooms, suites, and villas with views of either the garden or the sea.
- Deluxe Balcony – measuring 48 square metres or 516 squre feet, deluxe balcony rooms have a balcony. They have either one king size bed or two single beds.
- Deluxe Balcony Sea View – similar to deluxe balcony rooms except they have views of the sea rather than the garden.
- Deluxe Pool Access – similar to deluxe balcony rooms except they have direct access to the swimming pool.
- One Bedroom Suite – measuring 90 square kilometres o r 968 square feet, one bedroom suites have a living room, a bedroom with a king size bed, a balcony, and a view of the sea.
- Family Suite – measuring 90 square metres or 968 square feet, family suites have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. One of the bedrooms has a king size bed. The other bedroom has a bunk bed.
- Family Suite Pool Access – similar to one bedroom suites, they have direct access to the swimming pool.
- Pool Villa – measuring 96 square metres or 1,033 square feet, pool villas have a living room and a bedroom.
- Beachfront Jacuzzi Villa – measuring 128 square metres or 1,377 square feet, beachfront Jacuzzi villas have a living room, a bedroom with a king-size bed, two bathrooms, a balcony overlooking the beach, and a Jacuzzi.
- Beachfront Pool Villa – measuring 157 square metres or 1,689 square feet, beachfront pool villas have one bedroom with a king-size bed, two bathrooms, a splash pool, and a balcony overlooking the ocean.
Food + Beverage
The hotel has five food and beverage outlets, each one with a different vibe and a different menu.
- 609 Kitchen – serving an international menu, 609 Kitchen is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Pebbles Bar and Grill – Open for lunch and dinner, Pebbles Bars and Grill served grilled meats and seafood. It is the perfect spot to sip cocktails as the sun sets slowly into the Andaman Sea.
- R Bar – overlooking the swimming pool, this lobby lounge serves small bites and handcrafted cocktails.
- The Deli – serves quick bites ranging from sandwiches and salads to fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Pool Bar – overlooking the swimming pool, the Pool Bar severs alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Facilities + Activities
Recreational facilities include two outdoor swimming pools, a kid’s pool, kid’s club, a 24-hour fitness center with free weights and cardio-vascular equipment, and a spa with a full menu of treatments.
Kayaking in the ocean is also offered.
The hotel has enough space to accommodate meetings and events for up to 500 attendees.
“For today’s business travelers, it is unexpected experiences that create social currency and interesting cocktail conversation,” says Mike Fulkerson, Vice President, Brand and Marketing, Marriott International Asia Pacific.
“We are thrilled to provide spontaneous discoverers with exciting opportunities for new, interesting and shareable experiences throughout their stay.”
Saurabh Kukreja, General Manager, Renaissance Resort and Spa, is equally upbeat.
“I am excited to introduce the first Renaissance branded property in Pattaya,” Saurabh says .
“The new resort offers the ultimate retreat for guests looking for unexpected and local experiences; all within a stone’s throw from the excitement and energy that Pattaya has to offer. I look forward to creating a beyond-the-ordinary experience for our guests that will come alive throughout their stay with us.”
The hotel is owned by The Ninesotel Co., Ltd.
Location, Location, Location
The hotel is located in Na Jomtien, a coastal town located 165 kilometres southeast of Bangkok and 3 kilometres south of Pattaya, one of Thailand’s most popular seaside resorts.
The town has 2.9 metre stretch of beach, which is lined with high-rise hotels and condominiums as well as food and beverage outlets.
Popular activities include jet skiing, para-sailing, and scuba-diving.
Na Jomtien is a bit quieter than Pattaya, which is famous for its exotic night life. For this reason, it is more popular for laid-back types and families.
The drive to Suvarnabhumi takes about 90 minutes; the drive to U-Tapao, about 50 minutes. A third option is Don Mueang International Airport, which is considerably further. The drive takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Click on the above links for more information on the airports and to book flights.
The hotel does not offer an airport shuttle service
Renaissance Pattaya Resort and Spa – 9/9 Moo 3, Na Jomtien, Sattahip, Pattaya, Thailand. Tel: +66 38 259099.