National Hockey League
If you can’t attend the NHL playoffs in person, there are many sports bars in Boston that broadcast ice hockey games. These are some of the best Boston Bruins sports bars in Beantown, where you can root for the Bruins in the company of other Bruins fans.
Boston Bruins Team History
The Boston Bruins are a professional American ice hockey team. They play in the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL).
The Bruins play home ice hockey games at TD Garden at 100 Legends Way in Boston, Massachusetts. The Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association (NBA) also play home games at the arena.
In addition to hosting sporting events, the Garden is used for concerts and conventions. It is located directly above the North Station of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA).
The Boston Bruins were established in 1924. The ice hockey team has won 25 division championships, two Presidents’ Trophies, and four conference championships. The team has won the Stanley Cup six times.
Best Boston Bruins Sports Bars in Boston
Here are 10 of the best spots bars in Boston to root for the Boston Bruins – next to the Garden, of course.
- Sullivan’s Tap – 168 Canal Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- West End Johnnies – 138 Portland Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Red Hat – 9 Bowdoin Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Hurricane’s – 150 Canal Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Greatest Bar – 262 Friend Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Harp – 85 Causeway Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Stanza dei Sigari – 292 Hanovr Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Sports Grille – 132 Canal Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Four’s – 166 Canal Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- McGann’s Irish Pub – 197 Portland Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Coogan’s – 171 Milk Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
Best Bruins Sports Bars Around the Country
Here are some of the best bars to root for the Bruins – outside Boston.
- Sonny McLean’s Irish Pub and Restaurant – 2615 Wilshire Boulevard, Santa Monica, California.
- Beantown Tavern – 130 Matthews Station Street. Matthews, North Carolina.
- Nic & Dino’s Tripoli Tap – 1147 West Armitage Avenue, Chicago, Illinois.
- Professor Thom’s Bar & Restaurant – 219 – 2nd Avenue, New York, New York.
- Connecticut Yankee – 100 Connecticut Street, San Francisco, California.
- The Elm – 5001 East Colfax, Denver, Colorado.
- Foxboro Tavern – 4420 Thomasson Drive, East Naples, Florida.
- Kelly’s Landing New England Seafood – 1305 South East 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Boston’s on the Beach – 40 South Ocean Bloulevard (A1!0, Delray Beach, Florida.
- Stout Public House – 1125 – 6th Avenue, San Diego, California – popular with hockey fans!
Best Bruins Sports Bar in Canada
Not everyone north of the border is rooting for the Raptors! Bruins fans will feel right at home at the following sports bar in Montreal.
- Fabuleux Chez Serge – 281 Blvd Saint Laurent, Montreal, Quebec.
Not all of these sports bars are exclusively Boston Bruins sports bars, but they do tend to attract lots of Bruins fans on game day.
Sometimes fans migrate to other bars. Sometimes bars close. And sometimes they are booked for special events.
Always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Where to Buy Boston Bruins Fan Gear
Your Input on Boston Bruins Watch Bars Wanted
Please send photos of fans at the above sports bars to be included in this post.
If you know of any good Boston Bruins watch bars, please leave a reply below. The same goes for any typos or corrections.
This list of the best Boston Bruins sports bars is part of a series of posts on sports bars for fans of NHL teams.