National Basketball Association
Best place to watch the Hornets is Spectrum Center in Charlotte. But what if the Hornets are playing on the road? Or what if you can’t get (or afford) a ticket to the game? Check out the best Charlotte Hornets bars in Buzz City. Watch the game with other Hornets fans!
Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets Team History
The Charlotte Hornets are a professional basketball team in the United States.
The Hornets play in the Southeast Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Most noteworthy, the Hornets have a rather complicated history.
Originally, the Charlotte Hornets were founded in 1988. And they represented Charlotte, North Carolina. In 2002, the team moved to Louisiana. Consequently, the team became the New Orleans Hornets.
Then, in 2004, the NBA awarded another basketball franchise to the Queen City. Because the name Hornets had already been taken, it needed to have another name. So they named it the Charlotte Bobcats.
In 2013, the New Orleans Hornets were rebranded as the New Orleans Pelicans. Consequently, the Charlotte Bobcats were rebranded as the Charlotte Hornets. Likewise, the team’s records and official history were returned to Charlotte, as well.
The Charlotte Hornets play home games at Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Unfortunately, the Hornets have never won a conference title. In fact, they have never even won a division title! Could this be their lucky year?
Best Charlotte Hornets Bars in North Carolina
Here are 10 of the best sports bars and restaurants in the Hornets Nest. You can be loud and root for the Hornets with other Buzz City fans!
There might even be a Hornets watch party going on!
However, you should call ahead to make sure they will show the game and that the sound will be turned on.
- Picasso’s Sports Cafe – 230 East W.T. Harris Blvd, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone : (704) 595-9553.
- Duckworth’s Grill & Taphourse – 330 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, Telephone: (980) 939-1166.
- Draught Charlotte – 601 South Cedar Street, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 375-7566.
- Jocks & Jills Sports Grill – 4109 South Stream Blvd, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 423-0001.
- Sweetwater Sports Bar & Grill – 4582 Charlotte Highway, Lake Wylie, South Carolina. Telephone: (803) 831-1788.
- Dilworth Neighborhood Grille – 911 East Morehead Street, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 377-3808.
- Hickory Tavern – 1100 Metropolitan Avenue #170, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 334-5155.
- Carolina Ale House – 201 College Street, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 940-3600.
A Word to the Wise
While most of these venues are popular with Charlotte Hornets fans, that does not means they will broadcast all games.
In addition, fans sometimes migrate to other bars. Sometimes bars close. And sometimes they are booked for special events.
Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Your Input on Charlotte Hornets Bars Wanted
If you have patronized any of the above mentioned Charlotte Hornets sports bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
You can mention the ambiance for fans Charlotte Hornets, the visibility of TV screens, the quality of the sound, the food, the service – whatever!
Also, please let me know if any of these Charlotte Hornets watch bars have closed – or if Charlotte fans are no longer watching Hornets games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the Charlotte Hornets play will also be greatly appreciated! Especially welcome would be Honrets-friendly sports bars in other cities!
And please send photos of fans at Charlotte Hornets sports bars to be included in this post.
This list of the best Charlotte Hornets sports bars is part of a series of posts on sports bars for fans of NHL teams. This post contains affiliate links.