Phuket is full of Western restaurants. And some of them serve down-home American chow. If you want to indulge in some American style comfort food, local foodies say these are the best American restaurants in Phuket. But call ahead to make sure they will be open.
Where to Eat in Phuket
Americans will celebrate Independence Day in 2020 on Saturday July Fourth. Needless to say, it is the one of the most important holidays of the year in the United States.
Many of the U.S. nationals living in Phuket will celebrate the Fourth of July Fourth the way it is celebrated in the U.S.
For example, they will eat barbecue ribs, hamburgers, grilled steak, fried chicken, hot dogs, or other American favourites.
But you don’t have to hail from the Land of the Free to indulge in American fare in the Land of Smiles.
So why not leaving the cooking to someone else and celebrate the Fourth of July at one of the many American eateries dotting the Land of Smiles?
But make sure to call ahead to make sure you can book a table at your favourite American eatery.
Where to Eat American Food in Phuket
I asked local foodies to recommend the best American restaurants in Phuket. As a result I came up with this top 10 list.
However, not all of these restaurants are exclusively American restaurants. But they do all have American dishes on their menus.
Click on underlined links for more information, what’s on the menu, and telephone numbers to make reservations.
1. Benny’s Cocktails & Grill
Beef tartar. Lamb Rack, beef cheeseburgers, BBQ pork ribs – if this doesn’t get your digestive juices flowing, I don’t know what will!
“We do a Sunday BBQ lunch special, which we’ll make available on July Fourth, also” – BDB.
“Best Burger in Thailand, Ribs and steaks (no hotdogs) and the drinks are nice too!” – MJA.
- Benny’s Cocktails & Grill – 5/6 Soi Had Bangtao, Moo 3, Thalang, Phuket City, Phuket, Thailand. Tel: +66 80 700 1509.
2. HogFather bbq and more
Brisket, pork ribs, pulled pork, deep fried chicken with waffle and all served with slaw and mashed potatoes or beans.
- HogFather bbq and more – Rural Road 4022, Chalong, Phuket, Thailand. Tel: +66 76 687 021.
3. Happy Jack Gastro Pub
BBQ grill, salads, international food, Thai food, tapas, and desserts.
“Pulled pork burger, beer can chicken, pastrami sandwich, burgers, a choice of 14 different hotdogs” HJR.
- Happy Jack Gastro Pub – Moo 1 12/39, Rawai, Phuket, Thailand. Tel: +66 92 965 6207.
4. Supernatural Restaurant
“If you are looking to specifically celebrate the 4th of July, then I recommend Friendship Beach Resort” – AB and CS.
- Supernatural Restaurant – Friendship Beach Resort, 27/1 Soi Mittrapap, Rawai, Phuket, Thailand. Tel: +66 (0) 76 613 580,
5. Chok Dee Ling Ling
“Smoked slow cooked BBQ meats Ribs etc meat . Burgers tacos, etc.” – JE.
- Chok Dee Ling Ling –Thalang, Phuket, Thailand. Tel: +66 99 186 6086.
6. Lucky 13 Sandwich
Burgers, sandwiches, and wraps.
“All-day American breakfasts 🍳 🥓 🥞 and the best sandwiches, wraps and burgers in Thailand 🥪” – DG.
- Lucky 13 Sandwich – nine locations across Phuket and one on Phi Phi Island!
7. Kenny Rogers Roasters Thailand
The spotlight is on chicken with home-made muffins, vegetable salads, pasta, soups, desserts.
“Kenny Rogers Roasters in Cherngtalay – excellent burgers, ribs and steak” – S.R.
- Kenny Rogers Roasters Thailand – Laguna Near Villa Market,Thalang, Phuket, Thailand. Tel:+66 76 608 771.
8. Juicy Lucy Burger & Bar
We serve American style smashburgers and our speciality, the Juicy Lucy burgers. Quality ingredients is our goal and we serve French Charlois beef, brioche buns and chicken, lamb, fish and falafel burgers from select suppliers.
Juicy Lucy Burger & Bar – 87 Yaowarat, Phuket City, Phuket, Thailand. Tel: +66 98 348 6629.
9. Flipside Cafe
An amazing array of burgers, sandwiches, fries, homemade chilli con carne, smoothie bowls, and healthy salads.
“Flipside is an excellent choice” – SP and AB.
- Flipside Cafe –469/4 Wiset Road, Rawai, Phuket, Thailand. Tel: +66 90 869 5552.
10. Stoned Crab Pub
- Stoned Crab Pub – 79 / 79 Sai Yuan Road, Rawai, Phuket, Thailand. Tel: +66 63 827 5269.
Where to Celebrate July Fourth in Other Asian Cities …
- Hong Kong: Best American Restaurants>>
- Manila: Best American Restaurants>>
- Bangkok: Best American Restaurants>>
- Singapore: Best American Restaurants>>
- Tokyo: Best American Restaurants>>
For more on the Fourth of July and why Americans celebrate it as their national holiday, click HERE.
Happy Fourth of July!