Where to Stay in Koh Lanta
Koh Lanta’s oldest five-star resort is offering Koh Lanta wellness packages designed to help guests rebalance their bodies, minds, and souls. Spa treatments, yoga classes, and healthy meals are included.
Destination Koh Lanta
Koh Lanta is a collection of 52 islands in Southern Thailand.
However, when most people think of Koh Lanta, they think of Koh Lanta Yai. To clarify, Koh Lanta Yai is where most of the hotels in Koh Lanta are located.
Not only are there modest hostels catering to backpackers. In addition, there are upscale five-star resorts.
Koh Lanta has tropical rain forests, nine beaches, clear waters, and coral reefs. Consequently, the island is popular with both ecotourists and scuba diving enthusiasts.
Koh Lanta is about 70 kilometers from Krabi. And Krabi International Airport is the closest airport.
Another option is Phuket International Airport and Trang International Airport.
Koh Lanta Wellness Packages
Two- and three-night Koh Lanta Wellness Packages are being offered by Pimalai Resort & Spa.
In fact, spa treatments, yoga classes, and healthy meals have been designed to help guests rebalance their bodies and soothe their senses.
Both packages include a choice of luxurious accommodation for two guests an, return airport transfers by land and sea. In addition …
Three-day/two-night package includes …
- Three hours of body treatments at the Pimalai Spa
- One private yoga class
- One authentic Thai dinner at Spice & Rice
- One sumptuous seafood set dinner at Rak Talay
- Three delicious and nutritious “smart” lunches
- Two healthy drinks per day.
Four-day/three-night package includes …
- Six hours of sublime spa therapies,
- Two private yoga classes
- One Thai dinner at Spice & Rice
- One seafood set dinner at Rak Talay
- Four smart lunches
- Two healthy drinks per day
In fact, the Koh Lanta Wellness Packages are valid through 30 April 2021.
Pimalai Resort & Spa was Koh Lanta’s first five-star resort. In fact, it opened nearly two decades ago.
The hotel occupies a 100-acre site, which cascades down a hillside toward the sea.
And it fronts on a 900-meter stretch of sandy beach. In fact, many people think that Kantiang Bay is one of Thailand’s loveliest beaches.
This post contains affiliate links
The resort has 121 rooms, suites, and villas. And they range from 48 to 650 square meters.
All rooms all have private balconies. As for suites and villas, they run from one to three bedrooms.
Included are both Hillside Ocean Pool Villas with breathtaking views and Beachside Villas, which are just steps from the beach.
Both hillside and oceanside villas have infinity pools.
Food and Beverage Outlets
The hotel has four food and beverage outlets. In addition, there are several eateries and bars in the vicinity.
- Rak Talay Beach Bar and Restaurant serves an international menu with a focus on Thai style seafood. And it opens for lunch and dinner.
- Seven Seas Restaurant is a fine-dining eatery serving French-inspired cuisine. As an all-day restaurant, it opens for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Spice and Rice Restaurant serves authentic Thai cuisine. And opens for lunch only.
- The Banyan Tree Poolside Cafe serves light meals delivered from the main restaurant. And it opens only for lunch. In fact, the last order must be placed by 4.30 pm.
The hotel is a dream come true for active travelers.
First, it has an award-winning spa. And the spa offers a full menu of traditional and contemporary spa treatments.
Included are massages, facials, body scrubs, body wraps, and spa packages.
Most unusually, the spa offers complimentary spa classes three times a week. And these lessons include ….
- Art of Traditional Thai Massage
- Making of Small Aromatic Herbal Pouches
- Art of Neck and Shoulder Massage.
In fact, these lessons last one hour.
In addition, the hotel has a yoga studio, a fitness centre, and a muay Thai ring. Both group and individual classes are offered. However, there is an additional charge.
In fact, there are four classes a day. And they are held seven days a week.
Finally, there is a well-equipped sports center. And facilities include …
- Running track along the large water reservoir
- Petanque/ bocci ground
- Half basketball court with basketball hoop
- Two tennis courts (tennis shoes are compulsory)
- Badminton court
- English croquet ground
- Ping pong table and table tennis rackets
VIP Sound Bites
Patrice Landrein, General Manager, Pimalai Resort & Spa
“At Pimalai, we understand that wellbeing is about more than just fitness and exercise.,” Patrice says.
“We take a holistic approach to wellness that energizes the body, eases the mind, and most importantly, stimulates the soul.
“The last few months have been challenging for everyone, but our [Koh Lanta] Wellness Packages will give guests many different ways to unwind and uncoil their physical and mental springs.
“Our soothing, stress-free escapes will make your tension float away on the sea breeze.”
Pimalai Resort & Spa – 9 Moo 5, Ba Kan Tiang Beach Koh Lanta, Krabi, Thailand.
This post contains affiliate links