Where to Stay in Thailand
Hua Hin Centara Resort and Villas is a heritage hotel in the seaside resort of Hua Hin. Three hours from Bangkok, the hotel has a variety of rooms, suites, and villas. In addition, it has seven food and beverage outlets, four swimming pools, a full-service spa, a topiary garden, a beach club, and other facilities.
Destination Hua Hin
Hua Hin is one of Thailand’s most popular tourist destinations. In addition to its many beaches, the seaside resort has mountains, temples, night markets, and water parks.
But my favourite Hua Hin attraction is surely Mrigadayavan Palace, the former summer palace of King Rama VI.
It was absolutely beautiful. And couldn’t help fantasizing about what it must have been like to live there as I strolled the grounds.
Not surprisingly, Hua Hin is one of Thailand’s most popular retreats for Bangkokians. In fact, it is a three-hour drive south of the Thai capital.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Centara Grand Beach Resort and Villas Hua Hin is requiring visitors to be vaccinated. And the move is designed to protect both guests and employees.
In fact, the policy applies to both domestic and international visitors. Not only does it apply to visitors planning to stay at the resort. In addition, it also applies to visitors wanting to dine at one of its food and beverage outlets.
Needless to say, it also applies to anyone wanting to use any of the resort’s other facilities.
Visitors must show proof of at least one dose of vaccination from a Thai FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine, including:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Sputnik V
If you have already recovered from COVID-19, you will still be required to show proof of vaccination. However, children 18 years and younger are exempt if they are accompanying vaccinated parents.
Not only does the policy extend to hotel staff. In fact, they have all been vaccinated. In addition, it applies to all suppliers and delivery staff. To clarify, they must have been vaccinated in order to enter the resort.
Moreover, the policy will be extended to other hotels in the Centara Hotels and Resorts group.
Centara Hotels and Resorts is a Thai-based hotel group. And it operates 84 properties across all major Thai destinations.
In addition to Thailand, the group has hotels and resorts in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, the Maldives, Myanmar, Oman, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Vietnam, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Finally, the group comprises six brands – Centara Reserve, Centara Grand Hotels & Resorts, Centara Hotels & Resorts, Centara Boutique Collection, Centra by Centara, and COSI Hotels
The resort dates back to the 1920s when it was called The Railway Hotel. In fact, it was built when a railway line linking Hua Hin with Padang Besar in Malaysia opened.
Since then, the original hotel has been renovated and updated. And a series of villas has also been added
The hotel features extensive grounds with manicured lawns. And they are dotted with topiary shrubs. Included is a 100-year-old elephant!.
Regarding its location, the hotel is roughly a three-hour drive south of Bangkok.
The resort has a choice of rooms, suites, and villas. And they range from 26 to 170 square meters
- Premium Deluxe Room – measuring 40 or 50 square meters, they can sleep up to two adults. And they have a garden view.
- Villa One Bedroom Suite with Private Pool – measuring 120 square meters, they can sleep up to two adults. And they have a garden view.
- Villa One Bedroom with Private Pool – measuring 26 square meters, they can sleep up to two adults. And they are surrounded by gardens.
- Royal Suite – measuring 170 square meters, they can sleep up to two adults. Not only do they have a sea view. In addition, they have a Jacuzzi in the bathroom.
- Deluxe Suite – Measuring 72 square meters, they can sleep up to two adults. And they have either a pool view or a garden view.
- Villa One Bedroom Garden View – Measuring 61 square meters, they have a garden view.
Food and Beverage
The resort has seven food and beverage outlets. And each one has a different vibe and a different menu.
- Railway – this colonial-style restaurant serves international favourites in elegant surroundings. And there is both indoor and outdoor seating. As an all-day dining eatery, it opens for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Coast Beach Club and Bistro – this casual eatery features grilled dishes. And there is both indoor and outdoor seating. And it opens for lunch and afternoon snacks.
- Suan Bua -overlooking the swimming pool, this casual Thai restaurant serves home-style cuisine. Unfortunately, it is closed until further notice.
- Hagi – this Japanese-style restaurant serves sushi, sashimi, tempura, live teppanyaki, and other Japanese favourites. Unfortunately, it is closed until further notice.
- The Museum -serving snacks and refreshments, this charming cafe has outdoor seating. And it is most popular for afternoon tea.
- Elephant Bar – this laid-back cocktail lounge serves both classic and innovative cocktails. In addition, it has an extensive list of Whiskeys. And you can order small bites. There is indoor seating only. And it remains open until 1 am.
- Raipruek Private Lounge – this lounge serves breakfast in the morning. Throughout the day, it serves light refreshments with a focus on fresh fruit and healthy snacks.
The resort has a full-service spa. And it offers a full menu of Thai, Ayurvedic, and Balinese spa therapies. In fact, there are nine treatment rooms.
The resort has four outdoor swimming pools. In addition, there is a beach club fronting a sandy beach. Uniquely, the resort has a topiary garden set amid extensive manicured lawns.
Finally, the resort has excellent facilities for weddings and other special events.
Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin – 1 Damnernkasem Road, Hua Hin, Prachuab-Kririkhan, Thailand.
- Click HERE for rates and availability
You Might Also Enjoy …
For More Information …