InterContinental Pattaya Resort has launched a personal butler service for Club members booking suites or villas at the stylish hotel.
The InterContinental Pattaya Resort has been newly refurbished. An on-request butler service has been introduced for Club InterContinental members that book one of the resort hotel’s suites or villas.
The InterContinental Pattaya Resort is a five-star hotel with a private beach overlooking the Gulf of Thailand. It is located a two hours’ drive from downtown Bangkok or 90 minutes from Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
The hotel has 156 rooms, including 40 suites and two private villas, which cascade down a hillside unto a private beach, overlooking the sea.
The rooms feature modern décor with subtle Thai-inspired touches.
- Classic rooms – measuring 51 square metres, classic rooms have balconies with views of the garden.
- Executive rooms – Measuring 77 square metres, executive rooms have over-sized bathrooms with dual sinks and outdoor sales overlooking the garden or the beach..
- Suites – measuring 125 tor 210 square metres, suites have separate dining and living areas, one or two bedrooms, terrazzo bathtubs in the bathroom, sundecks and plunge pools, and private butler service.
- Villas – the resort has two stylish villas.
Food + Beverage
The hotel has three food and beverage outlets. Each one of the outlets has a different menu and a different vibe. All three of the eateries offer spectacular views of the ocean.
- Elements Restaurant – serving modern Thai cuisine, Elements Restaurant has views of the garden and the Gulf of Thailand. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Infiniti Restaurant – serving an international menu with a Mediterranean focus, Infiniti Restaurant offers signature cocktails and views across the ocean. Many of the dishes are cooked in a wood fired oven or a charcoal grill. Open for lunch and dinner until midnight.
- Latitude by the Beach – serving cocktails, tapas, and candies just a stone’s throw from the ocean, Latitude by the Beach is perfect for watching the sun set into the Gulf of Thailand. It is lit by tiki torches after dark. Open until 11 pm.
Facilities and Activities
The hotel has a spa using locally made Harnn Natural Spa products -which, by the way, is my personal favourite brand! There is also a swimming pool and a fitness room.
If you find ambulant hawkers a nuisance (which I don’t), you will be happy to learn that the hotel has a private beach. That means nobody will be offering you foot massages and trying to sell you souvenirs or coconut juice while you are working on your tan.
The resort also offers such activities as luxury cruises to Coral and Bamboo Islands and gourmet BBQs on the beach.
Location, Location, Location
InterContinental Pattaya Resort cascades down a hillside of cliff at the headland of a sandy beach overlooking the Gulf of Thailand.
The hotel’s food and beverage outlets and villas as well as some of its rooms offer breathtaking views Koh Larn, a.k.a Coral Island, and the Gulf of Thailand beyond. Units not offering views of the sea offer garden views.
The hotel is five minutes by shuttle to downtown Pattaya, a seaside resort town chock-a-block with shopping malls, restaurants, bars, day spas, boutiques – the list goes on.
Pattaya is roughly a two hours’ drive from downtown Bangkok. Unless you want to drive, you can travel to Pattaya by bus or taxi.
A third option is Don Mueang International Airport, which is considerably more distance. The drive takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Suvarnabhumi Airport is served mostly by international airlines as well as domestic airlines flying to foreign travel destinations.
U-Tapao was traditionally used for travel to domestic travel destinations, but it is starting to attract major airlines flying to international destinations.
Don Mueang is used mostly for domestic flights and by budget carriers.
The InterContinental Pattaya Resort – 437 Phra Tamnak Road, Conburi, Pattaya, Thailand. Telephone: +66-38-259888.