National Basketball Association
Best place to watch the Grizzlies is FedEx Forum in Memphis. But what if the Grizzlies are playing on the road? Or what if you can’t get (or afford) a ticket to the game? Check out the best Memphis Grizzlies bars to watch the game in the company of other Grizzly fans.
Memphis Grizzlies Team History
The Memphis Grizzlies are a professional basketball team in the United States.
The Grizzlies play in the Southwest Division on the Western Conference of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
To begin with, the Grizzlies were established in 1995. Originally, they played in Vancouver, British Columbia. Consequently, they were called the Vancouver Grizzlies.
In 2001, the franchise moved to Memphis, Tennessee. And the team changed its name to Memphis Grizzlies.
The Grizzlies are the only professional sports team in the city of Memphis. They are also the only NBA franchise in the state of Tennessee.
However, Nashville, Tennessee, has two professional sports teams.
The Grizzlies have never even won a vision titles, let alone a conference title or an NBA championship.
The Memphis Grizzlies play home games at FedExForum in in downtown Memphis, Tennessee.
The Forum is a multi-purpose arena. The men’s basketball team of the University of Memphis of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) also plays home games at the arena.
Best Memphis Grizzlies Sports Bars in Tennessee
Here are some of the best sports bars and restaurants for Memphis Grizzlies fans. But always call ahead to make sure they will show the game and that the sound will be turned on.
- Green Beetle – South Main Street, Memphis, Tennessee. Telephone: (901) 527-7337. §
- East Coast Wings – 2948 Hyde Blvd, Suite 101, Barlett, Tennessee. Telephone: (901) 381-9990. §
- The Skybox Grill & Bar – 2140 West Poplar Avenue, Collierville, Tennessee. Telephone: (901) 854-0509. §
- Brookhaven Pub – 695 West Brookhaven Drive, Memphis, Tennessee. Telephone: §
- The Bayou Bar and Grille – 2094 Madison Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee. Telephone: 901) 278-8626. §
- Railgarten – 2166 Central Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee. Telephone: (901) 504-4342.
- Max’s Sports Bar – 115 G.E. Patterson, Memphis, Tennessee. Telephone: (901) 528-8367.
- The Mainstay – 501 Main Street, Nashville, Tennessee. Telephone: (615) 760-5737.
- Let It Fly – 9091 Poplar Avenue, Germantown, Tennessee. Telephone: (901) 207-1187.
§ Indicates members of the Official Grizzlies Budweiser Bar Network.
A Word to the Wise
While these venues tend to attract Memphis Grizzlies fans, that does not guarantee that they will broadcast all Memphis Grizzly games.
In addition, sometimes fans migrate to other bars. Sometimes bars close. And sometimes they are booked for special events.
Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
- Recommended: Top 10 Tennessee Titans Sports Bars>>
- Recommended: Top 10 Nashville Predators Sports Bars>>
Your Input on Memphis Grizzlies Bars Wanted
If you have patronized and of the above mentioned Memphis Grizzlies sports bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
You can mention the ambiance for Memphis Grizzlies fans, the visibility of TV screens, the quality of the sound, the food, the service – whatever!
Also, please let me know if any of these Memphis Grizzlies watch bars have closed – or if Memphis fans are no longer watching Grizzlies games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the Memphis Grizzlies lay will also be greatly appreciated! Especially welcome would be Grizzly-friendly sports bars in other cities!
This list of the best Memphis Grizzlies sports bars is part of a series of posts on sports bars for fans of NHL teams. This post contains affiliate links.