Denver Broncos fans in front of M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, Maryland, home of the Baltimore Ravens. Photo Credit: Hilary Tilkens.
National Football League
Updated for the 2017 NFL season! The 10 most popular Denver Broncos sports bars in Colorado and 10 of the top spots where Broncos fans congregate on game day in other parts of the country. Please comment on bars and add your own recommendations.
Denver, Colorado, is one of the top sports towns in the United States. The Mile High City, as it is affectionately known, has a baseball team, a basketball team, an ice hockey team, and – of course – a football team.
The Denver Broncos play in the West division of the American Football Conference (AFC) of the National Football League (NFL).
The Broncos were not initially successful, but in recent years, they have become one of the most successful American football teams in the NFL.
The Orange Crush have won eight AFC division championships and three Super Bowl championships. On the flip side, they have lost five Super Bowls, more than any other NFL team.
The Denver Broncos play home games at Sports Authority at Mile High in Denver, Colorado.
If you can’t make it to the stadium – or the Broncos are playing an away game – there are dozens of sports bars in and around Denver where you can watch the football team play.
As a team with a national following, there are also lots of bar where you can root for the Denver Broncos in other parts of the country.
There is even one in San Francisco, which is just across the Bay from Oakland, home of the arch rivals of the Denver Broncos, the Oakland Raiders! Here is a short list of some bars where Denver Broncos fans will feel right at home.
Keep in mind that bars close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments. There is also a chance that bars might not show a game for various reasons.
So always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be showing.
Best Broncos Watch Bars in Colorado
- Noonan’s Sports Bar and Grill – 18881 East Colfax, Aurora, Colorado. Telephone (303) 367-8637.
- Gibby’s Big Backyard Sports Bar and Grill – 1555 South Havana Street, Aurora, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 755-5944.
- The Cherry Cricket – 2641 East 2nd Avenue, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 322-7666.
- Tavern Downtown – 1949 Market Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 299-0100.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – 2907 Hurron Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 226-1540.
- Blake Street Tavern – 2301 Blake Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 675 0505.
- Jackson’s – 1520 20th Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 298 ROCK.
- Larimer Beer Hall – 2012 Larimer Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: ((720) 550-7610.
- Thirsty Lion Gastropub and Grill – 1605 Wynkoop Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 623-0316.
- Tivoli Brewing Co. – 900 Auraria Parkway, Suite 250, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (720) 258-5885.
Best Spots to Root for the Broncos in Other Parts of the Country
Some of the following sports bars are Broncos hangouts, and others tend to attract Broncos fans on game day.
- Penn Quarter – 639 Indiana Avenue NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 347-6666.
- The Irish Oak – 3511 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 935-6669.
- Keat’s Bar – 842 Second Avenue, New York New York. Telephone: (212) 682-5490.
- Sharky’s Bar and Grill – 17453 Preston Road, Dallas, Texas. Telephone: (972) 713-0201.
- Chief’s Burgers and Brew – 124 Lomas Santa Fe Drive #108, Solana Beach, California. Telephone: (858) 755-2599.
- Applebee’s – 2505 Emmons Avenue, Brooklyn, New York. Telephone: (718) 769 4889.
- Nickies – 466 Haight Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 255 0300. houston
- St Andrews Bar and Grill – 7406 Aurora Ave North, Seattle, Washington. Telephone: (206) 523-1193.
- Gorgeous Gael – 5555 Morningside Drive, Houston, Texas. Telephone: (832) 667-8321.
- Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row – 4420 North Saddlebag Trl #105, Scottsdale, Arizona.
Christmas Gift Ideas
Please comment on these sports bars and recommend others in the COMMENT box below. Also, please send photos of fans rooting for the Broncos at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer.
Thanks so much to Hilary Tilkens for submitting these great photos of Denver Broncos fans rooting for their team at Penn Quarter in Washington, DC.