If you can’t make it to the stadium – or the Bills are playing away from home – why not root for the team in the comfy confines of a sports bar in the company of like-minded football fans? Check out the best Buffalo Bills bars in Buffalo and several other cities.
UPDATED FOR THE NFL 2021 SEASON!
Where to Watch the Buffalo Bills
The Buffalo Bills are a professional American football team based in the Buffalo–Niagara Falls metropolitan area of Upstate New York. The Buffalo Bills compete in the East division of the American Football Conference (AFC) of the National Football League (NFL).
Buffalo Bills Team History
The Buffalo Bills were charter members of the American Football League (AFL), which was founded in 1960. The AFL merged with the NFL in 1970 season.
So where did the Bills get their name? After all, it IS a bit unusual! Well, that is an interesting story.
The Buffalo Bills take their name from Buffalo Bill Cody, who was a frontiersman in the Wild West.
But he was actually raised partly in the nearby town of Mississauga. In fact, the town is 85 miles, or 137 kilometers, from Buffalo.
Interestingly, there was an earlier team called the Buffalo Bills in the now defunct All-American Football Conference, which stopped play in 1949.
So when Buffalo was awarded a franchise in the AFL in 1960, the name Buffalo Bills was resurrected.
Where the Bills Play
The football team plays home games at New Era Field in Orchard Park, New York. The Bills are the only NFL team that plays its home games in the state of New York.
But what about the New York Giants and the New York Jets, you might ask?
Although they represent New York City, the Giants and Jets both play home football games in the neighbouring state of New Jersey!
Because Canada does not have an NFL team of its own, the Buffalo Bills have a large following North of the Border. In fact, the Canadian border is a relatively short drive from the stadium.
Interestingly, the Bills are the only team to win four consecutive conference championships. Not only that, they are the only NFL team to lose four consecutive Super Bowl games.
For the first time since 1999, the Buffalo Bills made the playoffs in 2017 after beating the Miami Dolphins to snatch the sixth seed and final wild-card berth in the AFC playoffs.
Unfortunately, the Bills were defeated by the Jacksonville Jaguars in round one of the AFC Wild Car Race
Buffalo is one of the smallest markets in the NFL. Nonetheless, the Bills have a large national following as evidenced by the many sports bars across the nation that are friendly to Bills fans.
There are sports bars where Bills fans gather to watch games throughout New York State and around the country. Two short lists of the most popular Buffalo Bills watch bars are listed below.
Best Buffalo Bills Bars in Buffalo
Because sports bars sometimes close and sports fans sometimes migrate to other establishments, it is a good idea to call ahead to make sure the bar is going to show the game you want to watch.
- Thirsty Buffalo – 555 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: 9716) 878-0344. Facebook
- Adolf’s Old First Ward Tavern – 555 South Park Avenue, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 248-2968. Facebook
- Anherst Pizza and Ale House – 55 Crosspoint Parkway, Getzville, New York. Telephone: (716) 625-7100. Facebook
- Colter Bay Grill – 561 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 882-1330. Facebook
- Sidelines Sports Bar and Grill – 189 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 240-9392. Facebook
- Buffalo Tap House Pub and Grill – 85 West Chippewa Street, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 332-2433. Facebook
- Bada Bing Sports Bar and Grill – 42 W Chippewa St. Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 853-2464. Facebook
- (716) Food and Sport – 7 Scott Street, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 855-4716. Facebook
- Buffalo Sports Garden – 2945 Southwestern Boulevard, Orchard Park, New York. Telephone: (716) 674-4113. Facebook
Buffalo Bills Bars Around the Country
The following sports bars in other parts of the country are considered friendly to fans of the Buffalo Bills. However, bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. Bars also sometimes decide to broadcast other events.
For these reasons, it is always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to show the game you want to watch.
- Kelly’s – 12 Avenue A, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 388-1464. Facebook
- Bleacher Bar – 82A Lansdowne Street, Boston, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 262-2424. – Bills Backers of Fenway Headquarters. Facebook
- Delilah ‘s – 2771 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 472-2771. – Delilah’s Bills Backers is Chicago’s premier location for all things Buffalo Bills! Facebook
- Johnny Mac’s Restaurant and Bar – 842 South Boulder Highway, Henderson, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 564-2121. Facebook
- Grand Central – 2447 – 18th Street Northwest, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 986-1742. – Official Buffalo Bills Backer Bar. Facebook
- Tavern @ Medock – 3230 Medlock Bridge Road, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (770) 242-2757. Facebook
- Pullano’s Pizza and Wings – 13848 North 51st Avenue, Glendale, Arizona. Telephone: (603) 978-1234. Facebook
- Christian’s Tailgate Bar and Grill – 2000 Bagby Street, Houston, Texas. Telephone: (713) 527-0261. Facebook
- Pacific Beach Ale House – 721 Grand Avenue, Pacific Beach, California. Telephone: (858) 581-2337. Facebook
- Time Out Sports Bar and Grill – 6138 West Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 880-8180. Facebook
- Fuel Sports Eats and Beats – 164 South Washington Street, Seattle, Washington. Telephone: (206) 405-3835. Facebook
- Buffalo Brothers – 3111 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, North Carolina. Telephone: (919) 878-4800. Facebook
- Jackon’s Denver – 1520 – 20th Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 298-7625. Colorado Bills Backers Watch Party Group Facebook