National Football League
If the Cowboys are playing out of town or you can’t make it to the game, here is a short list of bars where you can watch your favourite team play. A few are full-fledged Dallas Cowboys bars, but most are NFL watch bars attracting Cowboys fans on game day.
Dallas Cowboys Team History
The size of the Dallas Cowboys fan base is reflected by the number of consecutive football games that the football team has sold out.
In fact, the Dallas Cowboys have been selling out football games since 1990. And this record is not limited to home games. Even more impressive, the Dallas Cowboys also sell out football games when the team plays on the road.
What’s more, the Dallas Cowboys are tied with the Pittsburgh Steelers for making the most trips to the Super Bowl. In short, the two football teams have made eight Super Bowl appearances each.
In addition, the Dallas Cowboys are the only NFL team to have had 20 straight winning seasons. From 1966 to 1985, the team only missed the playoffs twice. Furthermore, this record still stands.
Most noteworthy, the Dallas Cowboys are the highest valued sports franchise in the United States. Only Britain’s Manchester United of the English Premier League is worth more money than the Dallas Cowboys.
If you want to root for the Dallas Cowboys, chances are there is a sports bar that will make you feel welcome nearby.
The following sports bars in Texas are considered friendly to Cowboys fans. However, sports bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other locations.
Not only that, bars sometimes decide to broadcast a different event. Otherwise, they might be booked for a private party. Therefore, always call first to make sure the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
- Frankie’s Downtown – 1303 Main Street, Dallas, Texas. Telephone: (214) 741-1919.
- Press Box Grill – 1623 Main Street, Dallas, Texas. Telephone: (214) 747-8226.
- Christies Sports Bar and Grill – 2811 McKinney Avenue Suite 22, Dallas, Texas. Telephone: (214) 954—1511.
- Henderson Tap House – 2323 North Henderson Avenue, Dallas, Texas. Telephone: (972) 677-7947.
- No Frills Grill & Sports Bar Fort Worth – 1850 Eastchase Parkway, Arlington, Texas. Telephone: (817) 274-5433.
- Mr Tramps – 8565 Research Boulevard, Austin, Texas. Telephone: (512) 837-3500.
- Fanatics Sports Bar & Grill – 11040 Montwood Drive Suite 603, East Side, El Paso, Texas. Telephone: (915) 594-1100.
- Groove House – 12333 West Avenue, San Antonio. Texas. Telephone: (210) 598-2083.
- Aussie’s Grill and Beach Bar – 306 Barton Springs Road, Austin, Texas. Telephone: (512) 480-0952.
- Castro’s Bar & Grill – 900 Ranch Road 620 South Suite C104, Lakeway, Texas. Telephone: (512) 263-3322.
- Carollton Chop Shop – 2661 Midway Road, Carollton, Texas. Telephone: (972) 525-4753.
Where to Root for the Dallas Cowboys Around the Country
A few of the following sports bars are Dallas Cowboys hangouts. While not bona-fide Dallas Cowboy hangouts, the rest usually attract Cowboys fans on game day. But always call ahead to make sure the game you want to watch will be broadcast!
- Commonwealth Roscoe Village – 2000 West Roscoe Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 697-7965. – “YOUR home for the Dallas Cowboys!”
- Stone Creek – 140 East 27th Street, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 532-1037. “We are the #1 Dallas Cowboy Fan Bar in Manhattan!”
- The Press Box Bar & Grill – 9609 North Tryon Street A, Charlotte, North Carolina. – “Cowboys Stars of the Carolinas Fan Club Watch Party Headquarters.”
- Sage Lounge – 8511 Greenleaf Avenue, Whittier, California. Telephone: (626) 235-9500.
- House Rules – 2227 Polk Street, San Francisco, California. (415) 722-9109.
- Elbow Room – 248 Pharr Road N.E., Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (404) 231-3308.
- Goofy’s Bar and Grill – 8519 – 15th Avenue, Seattle, Washington. Telephone: (206) 783-5164.
- Rush Street – 9546 West Washington Blvd, Culver City, California. Telephone: (310) 837-9546.
- Game On Boston – 82 Lansdowne Street, Boston, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 236-7369.
- Native Grill and Wings – 1559 South Gilbert Road, Mesa, Arizona. Telephone: (480) 892-1010.
- The Playwright Irish Pub – 27 West 35th Street, New York, New York. Telephone (212) 268-8868. “The Official New York Home to the Dallas Cowboys.”
- Jackson’s Lodo – 1520 -20th Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 298-7625. Facebook
Dallas Cowboy Fan Fotos
The above photos were supplied by Dallas Cowboy fans. Please send me a message in the COMMENT box below if you would like to submit fan fotos to be added to this post.
You Might Also Like
Your Feedback on Dallas Cowboys Bars Wanted
If you have patronized any of the above Dallas Cowboys bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
For example, you can mention the ambiance for Dallas fans. You can talk about the visibility of TV screens and the quality of the sound. And don’t forget to rate the food and the service!
Most importantly, please let me know if any of these Dallas watch bars have closed. Also, please let me know if Dallas fans are no longer watching Cowboys games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the Dallas Cowboys play will also be greatly appreciated!
This post of Dallas Cowboys bars has affiliate links.