Major League Baseball
The top 12 sports bars in Houston to root for the World Series bound Houston Astros – plus one in New York for good luck. Please comment on them and feel free to recommend others. Please submit fan photos at sports bars to be added to the post.
The Houston Astros are headed to the World Series, where they will face the Los Angeles Dodgers, after beating the New York Yankees to be crowned 2017 champions of the American League (AL).
And what could be sweeter than the team’s first-ever World Series championship following Hurricane Harvey, which devastated Space City just sevearl weeks before?
According to CNN, the Housotn Astros are the nation’s sentimental favourite.
“In their 55 seasons, the Astros have never won a championship,” the news station says.
“Just four years ago, they were the worst wrost in the majors.”
And look at those Astros now! They have already made history as the first baseball team in history to represent both the AL and the National League (NL) in the World Series
The Houston Astros compete in the West division of the American of Major League Baseball (MLB).
Members of the National League for more than half a century, the Astros moved to the American League in 2013. The Houston Astros play home games at Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas. The stadium is sometimes referred to as the Juice Box.
So whatever happened to the Astrodome?
If you can’t make it to the Juice Box – or you don’t want to fly all the way to La La Town, there’s are plenty of spots in Space City where you can root for the Astros in the company of other baseball fans.
2017 World Series Schedule
The World Series is a best-of-seven series. The first team to win four games wins. Games five, six, and seven will only be played if necessary.
- Game 1 | Tuesday, October 24 at Los Angeles. 7:09 pm.
- Game 2 | Wednesday, October 25 at Los Angeles. 7:09 pm.
- Game 3 | Friday, October 27 at Minute Maid Park in Houston. 7:09 pm.
- Game 4 | Saturday, October 28 at Minute Maid Park in Houston. 7:09 pm.
- Game 5 | Sunday, October 29 at Minute Maid Park in Houston. 7:16 pm. (TBD)
- Game 6 | Halloween, Tuesday, October 31 at Los Angeles. 7:09 pm. (TBD)
- Game 7 | Wednesday, November 1 at Los Angeles. 7:10 pm. (TBD)
Game times are based on Central Daylight Time.
Minute Maid Park – a street party will be held at Minute Maid Park, staring two hours before each, whether played in Houston or Los Angeles.
Houston’s Best Sports Bars for Astros Fans
Play it safe and call ahead to make sure the games will be broadcast.
- Lucky’s Pub – 801 St. Emanuel Street, Houston, TX. Tel: (713) 522-2010.
- West Alabama Ice House – 1919 West Alabama Street, Houston, TX, Tel: (713) 528-6874.
- Little Woodrow’s – 1012 Congress Street, Houston, TX. Tel: (713) 229-8449.
- HTX Fan Tavern – 1800 Texas Avenue, Houston, TX. Tel: (346) 308-5648.
- Nick’s Place – 2713 Rockyridge Drive, Houston, TX. Tel: (713) 780-8338.
- Griff’s Sports Bar – 3416 Roseland Street, Houston, TX. Tel: (713) 528-9912.
- Beer Market Co. Kitchen and Bar – 920 Studemont Street, Houston, TX. Tel: (713) 426-9035.
- Biggio’s – Marriott Marquis Houston, 1777 Walker Street, Houston, TX. Tel: (346) 229-2577.
- PJ’s Sport Bar – 614 West Gray, Houston, TX. Tel: (713) 520-1748.
- Bovine and Barley – 416 Main Street, Houston, TX. Tel: (713) 742-5683.
- El Big Bad – 419 Travis Street, Houston, TX. Tel: (713) 229-8181.
- 8th Wonder Brewery – 2201 Dallas Street, Houston, TX. Tel: (713) 229-0868.
- Avenida Cantina – 25 Avenue B, New York, NY. Tel: (646) 882-0593.
Please comment on these sports bars and recommend other the MESSAGE box below! I’m particularly interested in hearing about watch bars in other cities.
Where to Root for the Houston Texans
If you’re a football fan, you might want to check out …
- Top 10 Houston Texans Sports Bars>>
If You’re Visiting Houston
Houston, Texas, a.k.a. Space City, is home to the Houston Space Center, the Downtown Aquarium, the Houston Museum nof Natural Science, and many other attractions.
If you’re planning a trip to Houston to root for (or against) the Astros, whcy not spend a couple of days and take in some of the city’s most interestiong sights?