National Basketball Association
Best place to watch the Rockets is Toyota Center in Houston. If you can’t attend the game in person, here are some of the most popular Houston Rockets sports bars in Houston, other Texan cities, and around the nation – including California, Colorado, and New York!
In This Post
Houston Rockets Team History
The Houston Rockets play in the Southwest Division of the Western Conference of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Founded in San Diego in 1967, the professional basketball team moved to Houston, Texas, in 1971, where they have played ever since.
The Rockets have won seven Division titles, four Conference titles, and two NBA championships since moving to Sp;ace City.
The Rockets play home games at Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. If you can’t attend a game in person – or they are playing on the road – check out the many watch bars friendly to Houston Rockets fans.
Best Houston Rockets Sports Bars in Texas
Here are 10 of the best sports bars in Texas to root for the Houston Rockets – next to Toyota Center, of course. Always call ahead to make sure that the game will be broadcast. Sometimes fans migrate to other establishments and sometimes bars close.
- Coaches Pub – 2204 Louisiana Street, Houston, Texas.
- Beer Market Co. Kitchen + Bar – 920 Studemont Street #900, Houston, Texas.
- Live Sports Bar and Grill – 407 Main Street, Houston, Texas.
- O Bar Houston – 9263 Gulf Freeway, Houston, Texas.
- Lucky’s Pub – 801 St. Emanuel Street, Houston, Texas; 2520 Houston Avenue, Houston, Texas; and 17754 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas.
- Nick’s Place – 2713 Rockyridge Drive, Houston, Texas.
- West Alabama Ice House – 1919 West Alabama Street, Houston, Texas.
- Texas Borders Bar and Grill – 20940 Katy Freeway, Ste H, Katy, Texas.
- Big City Wings – MarqE, 7620 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas and several other locations in Greater Houston.
- Christian’s Tailgate Bar and Grill – 1012 Congress Avenue, Houston, Texas, and four other locations in Greater Houston.
- Little Woodrow’s – 2019 Walker Street, Houston Texas, and several other locations in Houston as well as Austin, Beaumont, Midland, and San Antonio.
Best Houston Rockets Sports Bars Outside Texas
These sports bars are not necessarily Rockets hangouts, but they are friendly to Rockets fans and tend to attract lots of Houston fans on game day.
Always call ahead to make sure that the game will be broadcast. Sometimes fans migrate to other establishments and sometimes bars close.
- Cabin Sports Bar and Lounge – 1750 Polk Street, San Francisco, California. Rockets fans call this place “a kick ass and friendly bar”.
- Tin Horn Flats – 2623 West Magnolia Boulevard, Burbank, California.
- Holy Cow BBQ – 4130 Sepulveda Boulevard, Culver City, California.
- Society Sports and Spirits – 1434 Blake Street, Denver, Colorado.
- Hill Country – 30 West 26th Street, New York, New York
Where to Buy Houston Rockets Fan Gear
You Might Also Like
Your Input Wanted
- Please send photos of fans at the above sports bars to be included in this post.
- If you know of any good Rockets watch bars, please leave a reply below. Same goes for any typos or corrections.
As an Amazon Associate, I may get a commission for qualifying sales.
This list of best Houston Rockets sports bars is part of a series on watch bars for fans of NBA teams.