National Basketball Association
If you can’t attend the NBA playoffs in person, there are many sports bars in New York City that broadcast Nets games. These some of the best Brooklyn Nets watch bars in Brooklyn and Manhattan, where you can root for the Nets in the company of other Nets fans.
Brooklyn Nets Team History
The team plays home games at Barclays Center, a multipurpose indoor sports facility located in downtown Brooklyn, one of the five boroughs of New York City.
In addition to the Nets, the arena plays host to the New York Islanders of the National Hockey League (NHL). It also hosts other sporting events as well as concerts and other types of entertainment.
The Nets were founded in 1967 as the New Jersey Americans, playing in the American Basketball Association (ABA). They became the New York Nets the following season, playing home games in Long Island. They moved from the ABA to the NBA in 1976.
They moved back to New Jersey in 1977 and played as the New Jersey Nets until 2012 They moved to Brooklyn in 2012.
The Nets have won five division titles, two conference titles, and championship in 1974 and 1976. They have never won an NBA championship.
Best Brooklyn Nets Sports Bars
It is hard to find sports bars that are bona fide Brooklyn Nets hangouts, but most bars in the borough will tune into Nets games when they are playing.
The same goes for the other four boroughs of New York City.
Here eight of the best sports bars in Brooklyn and Manhattan to to root for the Nets in the company of other Nets fans – next to the Barclays Center, of course.
- Mulane Bar & Grill – 71 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn, New York.
- Brooklyn Tap House – 590 Myrtle Avenue, Brooklyn, New York.
- McMahon’s Public House – 39 – 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, New York.
- Rustik Tavern – 471 Dekalk Avenue, Brooklyn, New York.
- Keg & Lantern Brewing Company – 97 Nassau Avenuje, Brooklyn, New York.
- Uncle Barry’s – 58 Fifth Avenue, Brooklyn, New York.
- Wheeler’s Restaurant – 1705 Sheepshead Bay Road, Brooklyn, New York.
- The Montrose – 47 – 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, New York.
- 200 Fifth Restaurant & Sports Bar – 200 Fifth Avenue, Brooklyn, New York.
- Fitzgerald’s Irish Pub – 336 Third Avenue, New York, New York.
- Flatiron Hall – 38 West 26th Street, New York, New York.
Sometimes fans migrate to other bars, sometimes bars close, and sometimes they are booked for special events.
Always call ahead to make sure that the game will be broadcast.
Where to Buy Brooklyn Nets Fan Gear
Your Input Wanted
Please send photos of Brooklyn Nets fans at the above sports bars to be included in this post.
If you know of any other good Brooklyn Nets watch bars, please leave a reply below. The same goes for any typos or corrections.
This list of the best Brooklyn Nets sports bars is part of a series of posts on sports bars for fans of NBA teams.