National Hockey League
If you can’t attend the Stanley Cup Playoffs in person, there are many sports bars in the Carolinas that broadcast ice hockey games. These are some of the best Carolina Hurricanes sports bars in North Carolina, where you can root for the Canes in the company of other Canes fans.
Carolina Hurricanes Team History
The Carolina Hurricanes are a professional American ice hockey team. They play in the Metropolitan Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL).
The Hurricanes play home games in PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina. In addition to the Hurricanes, the multi-use sporting facility hosts home games for the North Carolina State Wolfpack men’s basketball team of the NCAA.
The ice hockey team was founded in 1972 as the New England Whalers. The team originally played home games in Boston, Massachusetts. Because of scheduling difficulties, it moved to Hartford, Connecticut, in 1979 and changed its name to the Hartford Whalers . It relocated to Raleigh, North Carolina, in 1997. It was rechristened the Carolina Hurricanes the same year.
The Carolina Hurricanes have won three division titles and two conference championships. The Canes won the Stanley Cup in 2006.
Best Carolina Hurricanes Sports Bars
Here are 10 of the best spots to root for the Hurricanes in North Carolina – next to PNC Arena, of course.
- Carolina Ale House – 500 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, North Carolina, is where HUGE watch parties will be held! There are numerous other Carolina Ale House locations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee!
- Edwards Mill Bar & Grill – 3201-153 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Backyard Bistro Restaurant – 1235 Hurricane Alley Way, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Buffalo Brothers Pizza & Wing – 4025 Lane Boone Trail #100, Raleigh, North Carolina, and four other locations.
- Woody’s Sports Tavern & Grill – 8322 Chapel Hill Road, Cary, North Carolina.
- Upper Deck Sports Pub – 4560 – 329 North Harrison Avenue, Cary, North Carolina.
- Champions Bar at Plaza West – 5563 Western Boulevard, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Steamers Sports Pub – 1513 Pierson Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Jocks and Jills Sports Grill – 4109 South Stream Boulevard, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Spirits Pub & Grub – 701 East Chatham Street, Cary, North Carolina.
- The Brickhouse Sports Pub – 3801 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, North Carolina.
Not all of these sports bars are exclusively Carolina Hurricanes watch bars, but they do tend to attract lots of Canes fans on game day.
Sometimes fans migrate to other bars. Sometimes bars close. And sometimes they are booked for special events.
Always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Where to Buy Carolina Hurricanes Fan Gear
Your Input on Carolina Hurricanes Watch Bars Wanted
Please send photos of fans at the above sports bars to be included in this post.
If you know of any good Carolina Hurricanes watch bars, please leave a reply below. The same goes for any typos or corrections.
This list of the best Carolina Hurricanes sports bars is part of a series of posts on sports bars for fans of NHL teams.