The Kowloon Shangri-La Lobby Lounge serves one of the most decadent afternoon teas in Hong Kong. With a sumptuous setting, the venue offers great harbour views. And there is live music in the afternoon and evening!
Hong Kong Restaurants
The Lobby Lounge at Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong, is one of the most elegant hotel lobby lounges in Hong Kong.
The setting is spectacular. To begin with, there are crystal chandeliers, the Italian marble, and the gurgling fountain.
Next, there is the spectacular mural and the other pieces of art. Then, there are the floor-to-ceiling windows with the sweeping views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island.
Most importantly, there is the English style afternoon tea, which is among the best high teas in Hong Kong.
However, the Kowloon Shangri-La Lobby Lounge is also the perfect spot for morning coffee, light meals, or pre- and after dinner drinks.
Best of all, there is live music throughout the afternoon and evening!
Kowloon Shangri-La Lobby Lounge – The Concept
As with many other hotel lobby lounges in Hong Kong, the Kowloon Shangri-La Lobby Lounge serves a traditional English style high tea in the afternoon.
In addition, the lounge changes the menu with the seasons.
Consequently, warming menus are served during the short but brisk winters. And cooling menus are served during the long hot summers.
For August and September, the hotel’s new Executive Pastry Chef, Jonathan Gallet, has put together a late summer Hong Kong menu. And it comprises both sweet and savoury elements.
The sophisticated Hong Kong lounge will serve the “Tea Elegance” Afternoon Tea set menu from 1 August to 30 September 2020.
And the delightful Hong Kong food will be served in tea trees that are reminiscent of Birdie Paradise birdcages.
Tea Elegance Afternoon Tea – Savoury Bites
Savoury bites include …
- Duck Foie Gras with Earl Grey Tea Jam
- Shrimp Tartare with Jasmine Tea
- Smoked Salmon with Sour Cream
- Cucumber over Green Tea Bread and Brie with Honey and Longjing Tea Jam.
Tea Elegance Afternoon Tea – Sweet Pastries
Sweet pastries include . . .
- Cannele Bordelaise
- Chocolate Sable Breton with Jasmine Tea Cream
- Matcha Biscuit with Coconut
- Blackcurrant and Lemon Chocolate Mousse
- Earl Grey Choux.
Tea Elegance Afternoon Tea – Old Standbyes
Old standbys include …
- Four kinds of Tea Pastries and Savouries
- Scones with Jams
- Fruit Plate
Beverages include (choose one of the following) …
- Several Kinds of Tea
- Black Coffee, Cappuccino, Mocha, or Espresso
- Veuve Clicquot Brut, NV Champagne (extra charge)
In addition to afternoon tea, the Kowloon Shangri-La Lobby Lounge is open for breakfast, lunch, and pre- and after dinner drinks.
Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong – Overview
The Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong, is a five star hotel in Kowloon’s Tsim Sha Tsui East district.
Among the hotel’s seven food and beverage outlets are some of Hong Kong’s best restaurants, including …
- Shang Palace Chinese restaurant
- Angelini Italian restaurant
- Nadaman Japanese restaurant
- Cafe Kool
- Deli Kool
- Tapas Bar
In fact, Shang Palace has a Michelin star!
The hotel has 688 guestrooms. In fact, it is one of the largest hotels in Hong Kong.
Hotel rooms have floor-to-ceiling bay windows. And many rooms have views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island.
In addition, the hotel has a fully equipped health club and a business centre.
Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong – 64 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Tel: (852) 2733-8988.
You Might Also Enjoy …
Planning to Visit Hong Kong?
- If you are planning a trip to Hong Kong, please search for your hotel room at TripAdvisor/Hong Kong/hotels. I will get a small commission to help maintain this site – at no extra cost to you.
- Check out the best way to tour Hong Kong!