Where to Stay in India
Lonavala Radisson Resort and Spa is a newly opened hill retreat in the Sahyadri Mountains in Maharashtra state, India. The hotel has 103 rooms and suites. And many of them have balconies. There are four F&B outlets, an outdoor swimming pool, a full-service spa, and a fitness room.
In This Post
Radisson Hotel Group has opened its first hotel in the hills of Lonavala, the Radisson Resort & Spa Lonavala.
The hotel is a key part of the group’s plans to expand its presence in West India. In fact, Radisson already has properties in Mumbai, Pune, Alibaug, Karjat, and Nagpur. And more hotels and resorts are planned.
Radisson Hotel Group has more than 1,500 hotels and resorts in operation or in the pipeline in 120 countries around the world. In fact, its properties comprise nine distinct brands.
Lonavala is a hill station in the Pune district of Maharashtra state. In fact, it is about 96 kilometers, or 40 miles, east of Mumbai. And it is 622 meters, or 2,041 feet, above sea level.
Khandala is another hill station located nearby. Together, they are popular with tourists during the monsoon season.
In fact, the region is dotted with caves, dense forests, valleys, and waterfalls. And man-made attractions include several ancient forts.
Radisson Resort & Spa Lonavala sits amid 14,100 square meters. And it offers spectacular views of the Sahyadri Mountains.
The resort is located a 15-minute drive from both Lonavala and Khandala railway stations.
And nearby tourist attractions include Bushi Dam, Narayani Dham Temple, and Lonavala Lake.
The resort has 103 rooms. And there are four types.
- Superior Rooms – measuring 35 square meters, superior rooms can sleep up to three adults.
- Deluxe Rooms – measuring 35 square meters, deluxe rooms can sleep up to three adults. In addition, they have balconies with a view,
- One Bedroom Suites – measuring 54 square meters, one bedroom suites can sleep up to three adults. And they have a living room and a bedroom.
- Presidential Suite – measuring 93 square meters, the presidential suite can sleep up to three adults. And it has a five-seat open deck whirlpool.
Food and Beverage
The resort has four food and beverage outlets. And each one has a different menu and a different vibe.
- Hirkani – an all-day dining restaurant serving Oriental, Coastal, Indian, and local dishes. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Malhari – serving grilled dishes and signature cocktails, with an emphasis on local dishes. In fact, produce is sourced from chef’s garden. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Torna – a roof-top lounge with breathtaking views of the hills, it serves classic Indian dishes, seafood, barbecue. and Italian pastas. Opens on request.
- Pop-up – the resort’s pop-up restaurant serves everything from biryanis to kebabs. And the menu changes with the seasons.
The resort has an outdoor swimming pool. Most interestingly, the pool resembles a kund, a traditional reservoir. Moreover, it offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
In addition, there is a full-service wellness center. And it focuses on mental and physical well-being.
Furthermore, there is a 24-hour fitness center for adults. And for children, there is an interactive kids’ play area.
Finally, there is more than 4,500 square meters of indoor and outdoor event space. In fact, there are fully seven venues.
VIP Sound Bites
Alok Kaul, General Manager, Radisson Resort & Spa Lonavala
“The resort is uniquely positioned in terms of its location, sustainable design and modern comforts,” Alok says.
“We are confident that our unmatched offerings paired with Yes I Can! hospitality will prove to be a compelling option for guests looking for an enhanced experience.”
Zubin Saxena, Managing Director and Vice President, Operations, , South Asia, Radisson Hotel Group
“Radisson Resort & Spa Lonavala is a key opening for us in 2021,” Zubin says
“The resort’s perfect location and MICE facilities make it an attractive venue for guests looking to host destination weddings, large corporate or social functions.
“The opening provides further momentum to our strategic expansion plans in West India where we are already present in cities like Mumbai, Pune, Alibaug, Karjat, Nagpur and will add Nashik to the list by the end of the year.”
Parth Bihani, Partner, Monarch Hospitality
“Radisson Resort & Spa Lonavala is perfect for vacationers who want to enjoy hospitality in the lap of nature,” Parth says.
“The resort’s modern yet earthy architecture, unrivalled views, and easy accessibility to key tourist destinations, makes it a preferred choice for guests.
“We are proud to partner with Radisson Hotel Group and are confident that this hotel will set a new benchmark for purpose-driven hospitality,”