Where to Watch the Philadelphia Phillies
Best place to watch the Phillies is Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. But what if the Phillies are playing on the road? Or what if you can’t get (or afford) a ticket to the game? Check out the best Philadelphia Phillies bars to watch the game in the company of other Phillies fans.
Phillies Team Overview
The Philadelphia Phillies are a professional baseball team in the United States. And the Phillies compete in the East Division of the National League (NL) of Major League Baseball (MLB).
Quakers/Phillies/Blue Jays Team History
The Phillies were established in 1883. In fact, they were one of the Original 16 Major League Baseball teams. In addition, they were one of the Classic Eight teams of the National League.
Regarding its name, the team has a complicated history.
Initially, they called themselves the Philadelphia Quakers. However, between 1884 and 1889, they had two nicknames. In fact, they were referred to both as the Philadelphia Quakers and the Philadelphia Phillies,
Fast forward half a century! Between 1944 and 1949, the team was sometimes referred to as the Philadelphia Blue Jays. And it was sometimes referred to as the Philadelphia Phillies.
However, according to the team’s official history, the Blue Jays appellation was only a nickname. And it was never official.
Most importantly, the Philadelphia Phillies are the oldest team to have had the same name and to have stayed in the same city of any professional sports team in the United States.
The Philadelphia Phillies have won 11 East Division titles. In fact, they won five division titles in a row between 2007 and 2011.
And they have won seven NL Pennants. Most importantly, they have won two World Series titles. In fact, the last time they won the World Series was in 2008.
Where The Phillies Play
The Philadelphia Phillies play home games at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. In fact, the stadium is located in the South Philadelphia Sports Complex.
In addition to housing Citizens Bank Park, the complex houses Wells Fargo Center, home of the Philadelphia 76ers and the Philadelphia Flyers; Lincoln Financial Field, home of the Philadelphia Eagles; and Xfinity Live!, a multiuse retail and entertainment center.
Where to Watch the Philadelphia Phillies Play
Here are some restaurants and sports bars popular with Philadelphia Phillies fans. The first lists contains links to establishments located in Philly itself. And the second list contains establishments located in other cities around the country.
Best Philadelphia Phillies Bars in Philadelphia
What is the best sports bar in Philadelphia? Or what is the best Philly bar and restaurant in Philadelphia? The following restaurants and sports bars are popular with Philadelphia Phillies fans. You can stop by for a drink or a bite to eat on your way to or from the game. Of you can watch the game at the establishment in the company of other Phillies fans.
- Xfinity Live – 1100 Pattison Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (267) 534-4264. FACEBOOK
- Chickie’s & Pete’s – 1526 Packer Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 218-0500. FACEBOOK
- Founding Fathers Sports Bar & Grille – 1612 South Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (267) 519-0253. FACEBOOK
- Bar-Ly Chinatown – 101 North 11th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 922-2688. FACEBOOK
- Tabu Lounge & Sports Bar – 254 South 12th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 964-9675. FACEBOOK
- Philadium – 1631 Packer Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 271-2337. FACEBOOK
- The Original Tony Luke’s – 39 East Oregon, Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. FACEBOOK
- South Philadelphia Tap Room – 1509 Mifflin Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 271-7787. FACEBOOK
- Jose Pistola’s – 263 South 15th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone (215) 545-4101. FACEBOOK
Best Philadelphia Phillies Bars in Other Cities
The following sports bars and restaurants are popular with Philadelphia Phillies fans. Included are establishments in New York City, Chicago, and Washington, DC.
- Wogies Bar & Grill – 38 Greenwich Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (646) 927-1960. FACEBOOK
- The Reveler – 3403 North Damen Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 248-9523. FACEBOOK
- Sign of the Whale – 1825 M Street NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 964-6200. FACEBOOK
- Taqueria del Barrio – 821 Upshur Street NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 723-0200. FACEBOOK
A Word to the Wise
While most of these venues tend to attract Philadelphia Phillies fans on game day, there are no guarantees.
First of all, not all baseball games are broadcast. And even when they are, sometimes they won’t turn on the sound. Otherwise, they might show other events. And there is always the chance the venue might be booked for special activities.
Also, fans sometimes migrate to other venues. And bars sometimes close.
Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Your Input on Philadelphia Phillies Bars Wanted
If you have patronized any of these Philadelphia Phillies sports bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
You can mention the ambiance for Philadelphia Phillies fans. For example, is there team memorabilia on display? And what about the visibility of TV screens, the resolution, and the quality of the sound?
Finally, how is the food? Do they serve authentic Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches? And what about the service?
Also, please let me know if any of these Philadelphia Phillies watch bars have closed – or if Philadelphia fans are no longer having Phillies watch parties at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the Philadelphia Phillies play will also be greatly appreciated! Especially welcome would be Phillies-friendly sports bars in other cities!
If You Are Going to Philadelphia
You Might Also Enjoy
- MLS- Top 10 Philadelphia Union Sports Bars>>
- NBA – Top 10 Philadelphia 76ers Sports Bars>>
- NFL – Top 10 Philadelphia Eagles Sports Bars>>
- NHL – Top 10 Philadelphia Flyers Sports Bars>>