National Football League
Updated for the 2017 NFL season!
10 of the best spots in the country to root for the Cleveland Browns if you can’t be there in person at the stadium. Please leave comments on these bars and your recommendations in the COMMENT box at the end of the post.
The Cleveland Browns are a professional American football team in based in Cleveland, Ohio. The team plays in the AFC North division of the American Football Conference (AFC) in the National Football League.
The Cleveland Browns started playing in 1946 as a charter member of the All-America Football Conference and joined the NFL in 1950 after the AAFC folded. The team has also won four NFL championships.
In 1995, the owner of the Cleveland Browns, Art Modell, decided to move the team to Baltimore, Maryland.
Unable to keep its team, the city of Cleveland – in collaboration with the NFL – pulls off a stunning compromise. The team can leave town, but the team’s name, its colours, its mascot, and its legacy will remain with the city of Cleveland.
The Cleveland Browns move to Baltimore, Maryland, and are re-christened the Baltimore Ravens.
Where to Root for the Cleveland Browns
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Cleveland Browns. Some of them are full fledged Cleveland Browns hangouts.
Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments. Also, bars sometimes decide not to broadcast games in order to broadcast other events.
So always call ahead to make sure the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
- Dive Bar – 1214 West 6th Street, Cleveland, Ohio. Telephone: (216) 408-2314.
- Rival’s Sports Grille – 6710 Smith Road, Middleburg Heights, Ohio. Telephone: (216) 267-0005.
- Clevelander Bar and Grille – 834 Huron Road East, Cleveland, Ohio. Telephone: (216) 771-3723.
- Hinders Sports Bar and Grill – 902 West Main Street, Tipp City, Ohio. Telephone: (937) 667-4433.
- Knox Street Pub and Grill – 4447 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, Texas. Telephone: (214)528-5100. Watching spot for Dallas Browns Backers!
- Brother Jimmy’s B BQ, Union Square – 116 East 16th Street, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 673-6465. Union Square Cleveland Browns Backers
- Elbow Room – 5225 Kearny Villas Road, San Diego, California. Telephone: (858) 874-3526. Hangout of the SD Browns Backers!
- Boulevard Bar & Grille – 9860 South Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 939-2583. Owners are from Cleveland
- R.F.D. Washington – 810 – 7th Street NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 289-2030.
- Jocks and Jills – 4109 South Stream Boulevard, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telehone: (704) 423-0001.
- Big Daddy’s Sports Lounge – 10618 North Cave Creek Road, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (602) 861-1034.
Your Feedback Wanted
Please leave comments on these bars and feel free to add your own recommendations in the comment box below.
Also, if you have any photos of Browns at sports bars please send me some to me at the following address so I can insert them into this post to liven it up a bit: Accidental Travel Writer.