National Football League
Top 10 Baltimore Ravens watch bars in the Baltimore area and 10 more bars in other parts of the country where you can root for the Ravens in the company of other Ravens fans. Please comment and submit fan fotos!
This post has been updated for the 2019 National Football League season!
Baltimore Colts/Ravens Team History
First there were the Baltimore Colts. The Baltimore Colts were an All-America Football Conference franchise from 1947 to 1949 and a National Football League franchise in 1950.
It was disbanded after the 1950 season. A new football team, also called the Baltimore Colts, was an National Football League franchise from 1953 to 1983. The team was relocated to Indianapolis, Indiana, in 1984.
Edgar Allen Poe
The Baltimore Ravens were established in 1996, when Art Modell, the owner of the Cleveland Browns, decided to move his team to Baltimore, Maryland.
The move was highly controversial, causing outrage in Cleveland, Ohio. It was decided to create a new identity for the team so that the Cleveland Browns legacy could remain with the city of Cleveland.
A new football franchise was established in Cleveland, and it was named the Cleveland Browns.
After relocating to Baltimore, Maryland, the team was renamed the Baltimore Ravens in honour of Edgar Allen Poe, who lived for a time in Baltimore and died and was buried there in 1849. Poe’s most famous poem was entitled The Raven.
The Baltimore Ravens have been highly successful in their brief history. They have made the playoffs eight times since 2000, winning the American Football Conference North three times in 2003, 2006, and 2011.
Best Baltimore Ravens Bars in Maryland
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Baltimore Ravens. Some of them are full fledged team hangouts, others are Orioles sports bars but welcome Ravens fans on game day.
Bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. Sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events. So always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- Mother’s Grille – 1113 Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 244-8686.
- Looney’s Pub Canton – 2900 O’Donnel Street, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 803-7080.
- Pickles Pub – 520 Washington Blvd, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 752–1781.
- Game – 1400 B Warner Street, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 385-0100.
- Alonso’s Loco Hombre – 413 – 415 West Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 235-3433.
- Bo Brook Restaurant and Catering – 2780 Lighthouse Point, Baltimore, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 558-0202.
- Charles Village Pub and Patio – 19 West Pennsylvania Aveneue, Towson, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 821-1818.
- Hightopps Backstage Grille – 2306 York Road, Timonium, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 560-7101.
- Green Turtle – 8872 McGaw Road, Suite C, Columbia, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 312-5255.
- DeSantis’ Pizza Grill and Bar – 96366 Bel Air Road, Perry Hall, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 256-2770.
Best Baltimore Ravens Bars Outside Maryland
While not exclusively Baltimore Ravens hangouts, the following sports bars often attract … fans on game day. But always call ahead to make sure the game with will broadcast!
- Chopper’s Grill – 80 South Madison Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 399-4448. “Ravens Game Watch Headquarters”
- Crab Corner Maryland Seafood House – 6485 South Rainbow Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 489-4646. “We Are Maryland”
- The Parlor – 7250 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (323) 930-2100.”We Are the West Wing”
- Kirby’s Grillin’ & Chillin’ – Plaza LaMer Shopping Center, 841 Donald Ross Road, Juno Beach, Florida. Telephone: (561) 627-8000.
- Bootleggers Smokehouse – 7217 East 1st Street, Scottsdale, Arizona. Telephone: (480) 404-9984.
- Dirty Birds – 4656 Mission Blvd, Pacific Beach, San Diego. Telephone: (858) 274-2473.
- Croxley Ale House – 190 Main Street, Farmingdale, New York. Telephone: (516) 293-7700.
- Michael’s Pizzeria and Sports Pub – 4091 North Broadway Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telehone: (6773) 929-4149.
- Cavanaugh’s University City – 119 South 39th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 386-4889.
- Hudson Grille Midtown – 942 Peachtree Street Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (404) 892-0892.
Ravens Sports Bar Fan Feedback
Readers have suggested the following establishments:
Pour House Bar and Grill – 907 Boylston Street, Boston, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 236-1767.
Mac’s Industrial Sports Bar – 312 Central Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Telephone: (612) 379-3379.
Hey, thanks for adding the Austin group to your list. We have a great group. We haven’t met at The Tavern since last year, though. We’re now at Upper Decks, 301 Barton Springs Rd. Can you update that? Thanks, Aaron Brazell (via email).
Consider it updated, Aaron! And a sincere thank you for the head’s up! If you have any fan pictures, we’d love to see them. – the Accidental Travel Writer.
. . . . . . . . . .
Kirbys in Juno Beach, FL, is one of the largest groups of Ravens fans outside Baltimore. Even the owner of the Ravens who lives seasonally in Jupiter comes to hang at Kirby’s! On gameday 50-200 ravens fans will gather depending on the time of year. We had a road trip this year to Miami and had over 1000 people at our tailgate and party the night before. – James Rouse (via email – more at Florida Flock South Fla and Facebook/Florida Flock)
Sounds awesome, James, and thanks very much for the feedback. We’ve amended the listing. Do you have any fan shots you can contribute? – Accidental Travel Writer.
Your Input Wanted on Ravens Watch Bars
Please leave comments (pro or con) on these establishments if you have patronized them in the COMMENT box below.
Also, please let me know if any of them have closed – or if Ravens fans are no longer watching games at them. Your recommendations for other Ravens hangouts will also be greatly appreciated!
Bars sometimes close, and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments. I therefore encourage you to check with venues to make sure the game you want to watch will be shown – and also to make sure that there will be sound!