The Philadelphia Eagles take on the New Orleans Saints in the NFL Divisional Round at the Superdome on 13 January. If you can’t attend the game in person, here are the 10 best Eagles watch bars in Philly and where to watch the Eagles play in other key cities.
What’s at Stake …
The sixth seed Philadelphia Eagles defeated the third seed Chicago Bears in the Wildcard round of the National Football League (NFL) 2018 season, advancing to the American Football Conference (AFC) Divisional Round.
In a toughly fought battle at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois, the Philadelphia Eagles were leading by just one point late in the fourth quarter.
With just 10 seconds to go on the clock, Cody Parker of the Chicago Bears missed a 43-yard field goal attempt, sealing the deal for the defending Super Bowl champs, who won the game by a slim margin of 16 to 15.
As a result of the win, the Eagles face the number one seeded New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana, on Sunday 13 January.
The winner of this football game will advance to the NFC Conference Championship on 20 January.
Bleeding Green Nation
The Philadelphia Eagles have a strong fan base, as evidenced by the large number of sports bars friendly to fans of the Philadelphia Eagles scattered around the United States.
If you want to root for the Philadelphia Eagles, chances are there is a nearby sports bar that will make you feel welcome.
And if you get hungry, there’s a good chance are they will serve you a mouth-watering Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich!
Where to Watch the Eagles Play the Bears in Pennsylvania
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Philadelphia Eagles. Some of them are full-fledged Philadelphia Eagles hangouts.
However, bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. And sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events.
So always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Crab House & Sports Bar – 1526 Packer Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 218-0500.
- Xfinity Live! – 1100 Pattison Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (855) 406-4119.
- O’Neal’s Irish Pub – 611 South 3rd Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 574-9495.
- South Philly Bar and Grill – 1235-37 East Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 334-3300.
- Philadium Tavern – 1631 Packer Aveneue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 271-5220.
- Devil’s Den – 1148 South 11th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 339-0855.
- Founding Fathers Sports Bar and Grill – 1612 South Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215).
- Tabu Lounge and Sports Bar – 254 South 12th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 964-9675.
- Tavern on Broad – 200 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 546-2290.
- McGillin’s Olde Ale House – 1310 Drury Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 735-5562.
Where to Root for the Eagles Out of State
Not only will you find a friendly environment in which to root for the Eagles at the following sports bars, all of them also claim to serve the best and most authentic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches in town!
But play it safe to make sure the bar will be broadcasting the game you want to watch. And don’t forget to make sure that the sound will be on!
- Turtle Bay NYC – 987 – 2nd Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 223-4224. “We are the home of the #1 Philadelphia Eagles Game Watch NYC!”
- Diag Bar and Grill – 2856 North Southport Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 404-8400. – “Official Home of the Philadelphia Eagles.”
- Pat’s Philly Steaks and Subs – 1624 Market Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 534-0417. – “We are home for Philly sports.”
- Britannia Pub – 318 Santa Monica Boulevard, Santa Monica, California. Telephone: (310) 448-5350. – “Eagles Nest West.”
- The River Kitchen & Bar – 2909 North Sheffield Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 935-7500. – “Home of every Philadelphia Eagles Game.”
- Steamers Sports Pub – 1513 Pierson Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 568-9273. “We show every Eagles game and give them our full support, which is why we are proud to be the Charlotte Chapter of the Official Philadelphia Eagles Fan Club.”
- Jake’s Steaks – 3301 Buchanan Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 922-2211.
- PB Avenue – 1060 Garnet Avenue, San Diego, California. Telephone: (858) 263-4514.
- World Famous Parrot – 911 Sunrise Lane, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Telephone: (954) 563-1493.
If You’re Heading to Philly …
There is a lot to see and do in Philadelphia. If you are planning a trip to the City of Brotherly Love, you can save big bucks off the price of admission to the One Liberty Observation Deck and three other top tourist attractions.
Philadelphia Eagles fans at the Turtle Bay in New York City.
Philadelphia Eagles fans at the South Philly Bar and Grill in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Philadelphia Eagles fans at McGillin’s Olde Ale House in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Philadelphia Eagles fans rooting for the Eagles at The Mid River Bar and Grill in Chicago, Illinois.
A big thank you to Tara DeMuro, Ken Bronwell, Irene Levy Bake, and Danny Horwitch for sharing these pictures of Philadelphia Eagles fans at Turtle Bay in New York, South Philly Bar and Grill in Philadelphia, McGillin’s Olde Ale House in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Mid River Bar and Grill in Chicago, Illinois.
All of these look like great spots to root for the Eagles!
Your Input Wanted
If you have patronized any of the above-mentioned Philadelphia Eagles sports bars, please leave comments on them (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
You can mention the ambiance for Philly fans, the visibility of TV screens, the quality of the sound, the food, the service – whatever!
Also, please let me know if any of these Eagles watch bars have closed – or if Philly fans are no longer watching Eagles games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the Philadelphia Eagles play will also be greatly appreciated!