The Atlanta Falcons face the Philadelphia Eagles in round two of the NFC playoffs on 13 January at Lincoln Financial Field. If you are not able to attend the game in person, here are 10 of the best sports bars in Atlanta and another 10 in other parts of the country.
The Atlanta Falcons have advanced to round two of the NFC playoffs after upsetting the Los Angeles Rams at Los Angeles Memorial Stadium in the wild-card round.
The one-seeded Philadelphia Eagles are heavily favoured over the number-six seed, Atlanta Falcons.
Can the Falcons pull off another upset against a partial crowd in Philly to advance to round three?
The Atlanta Falcons have a loyal following in Georgia, and their rowdy fans can be counted on to provide a “Dome Field” advantage at the Georgia Dome, which is located in downtown Atlanta.
Atlanta Falcons play home games at the Georgia Dome, with its “Dome Field” advantage. Photo Credit: yk yk yk via Wilkimedia Commons.
I did, however, turn up a few! Please leave a comment in the COMMENT box below if you know of any more!
Where to Root for the Atlanta Falcons
The following sports bars are considered friendly to fans of the Atlanta Falcons. Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to different locations.
Also, bars sometimes decide to broadcast a different event. Always call first to make sure the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
- Patriac’s – 2460 Cumberland Parkway, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (770) 433- 2398.
- Tony’s Sports Bar & Grill – 8610 Roswell Road, Sandy Spring, Georgia. Telephone: (770) 552-2233.
- Whitehall Tavern – 2391 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (404) 842-1010.
- Meehan’s Public House – 2810 Paces Ferry Road NW, Vinings, Georgia. Telephone: (770) 433-1920.
- The Watering Hole – 106 East 19th Street, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 674-5783. – An official Atlanta Falcons bar.
- Kelsey’s – 2265 North Lincoln Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 348-1666.
- Mason Inn – 2408 Wisconsin Aqvenue, Northwest, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 337-1313.
- Brewhouse Historical Sports Bar – 315 Chestut Street, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 655-1234.
- Griff’s Houston – 3416 Roseland Street, Houston, Texas. Telephone: (713) 528-0068.
- City Tavern – 9739 Culver Boulevard, Culver City, California. Telephone: (310) 838-9738.
Atlanta Falcons Team History
The Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League won the NFL South title for the fifth time in 2012. The Atlanta Falcons have made one trip to the Super Bowl, Super Bowl XXXIII, which was played in Miami, Florida, on 31 January 1999. They lost to the Denver Broncos by a score of 34 to 19.
Your Input Wanted
Please leave comments on these establishments and/or recommend other sports bars friendly to Atlanta Falcom fans in the COMMENT box below.
Also, would love to liven up this post with some fan shots. Please send photos of Falcons fans at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer so I can add them to this post.