National Basketball Association
If you can’t attend the NBA playoffs in person, there are many sports bars in Colorado that broadcast Nuggets games. These are some of the best Denver Nuggets sports bars in Denver, where you can root for the Nuggets in the company of other Nuggets fans.
Denver Nuggets Team History
The Denver Nuggets are a professional basketball team in the United States.
The Denver Nuggets play in the Northwest Division of the Western Conference of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Founded in 1967, the team was originally called the Denver Larks. Playing in the American Basketball Association (ABA), the team was changed to Denver Rockets before their first season.
The basketball team’s name was changed to the Denver Nuggets in 1974. When the ABA and NBA merged in 1976, the team continued to play under the same name.
The Denver Nuggets play home games at Pepsi Center, a multi-use arena that is located in Denver, Colorado.
In addition to the Nuggets, the arena is home to the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League (NHL). The Colorado Mammoth of the National Lacrosse League (NLL) also play home games there.
Concerts are held in the arena when no sporting events are scheduled.
The Nuggets have won 11 division titles and no conference titles. The team has never won an NBA championship.
Best Denver Nuggets Sports Bars
Here are 10 of the best sports bars in Colorao to root for the Nuggets – next to Pepsi Center, of course.
- Chopper’s Sports Grill – 80 South Madison Street, Cherry Hill, Denver, Colorado.
- Blake Street Tavern – 2301 Blake Street, Denver, Colorado.
- Gibby’s Big Backyard Sports Bar & Grill – 1555 South Havana Street, Aurora, Colorado.
- Thirsty Lion Gastropub & Grill – 1605 Wynkoop Street, Denver, Colorado.
- The Fainting Goat – 846 Broadway, Denver, Colorado.
- Occidental Bar – 1950 West 32nd Avenue, Denver, Colorado.
- Viewhouse Ballpark – 2015 Market Street, Denver, Colorado.
- Jackson’s Denver – 1520 20th Street, Denver, Colorado.
- Hayter’s & Co. – 1920 Blake Street, Denver, Colorado.
- Esters Neighborhood Pub – 1950 South Holly Street, Denver, Colorado.
- Cherry Cricket – 2641 East 2nd Avenue, Denver, Colorado.
- Whisky Tango Foxtrot – 2907 Huron Street, Denver, Colorado.
Not all of these watch bars are exclusively Denver Nuggets sports bars. However, they do tend to attract lots of Nuggets fans on game day.
Sometimes fans migrate to other bars. Sometimes bars close. And sometimes they are booked for special events. Always call ahead to make sure that the Nuggets game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Buy Denver Nuggets Fan Gear!
Your Input on Denver Nuggets Watch Bars Wanted
Please send photos of fans at the above Denver Nuggets watch bars to be included in this post.
If you know of any good Denver Nuggets sports bars, please leave a reply below. The same goes for any typos or corrections.
This list of the best Denver Nuggets sports bars is part of a series of posts on sports bars for fans of NBA teams.