National Hockey League
If you can’t attend the Stanley Cup playoffs in person, there are many sports bars in the Bay Area that broadcast ice hockey games. These are some of the best San Jose Sharks sports bars, where you can root for the Sharks in the company of other Sharks fans.
San Jose Sharks Team History
The San Jose Sharks are a professional ice hockey team in the United States. They play in the Pacific Division of the Western Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL).
The Sharks play at SAP Center in San Jose, California. Originally known as San Jose Arena, it is nicknamed The Shark Tank or simply The Tank. It also hosts concerts and other kinds of sporting events.
The Sharks were established in 1991. They have won six division titles, one President’s Trophy, and one conference championship. The ice hockey team has never won the Stanley Cup. Could this be their lucky year?
Best San Jose Sharks Sports Bars
Here are some of the best sports bars in the Bay Area to root for the San Jose Shark – next to The Shark Tank, of course.
- Henry’s Hi-Life – 301 West St. John Street, San Jose, California.
- Double D’s – 354 North Santa Cruz Avenue, Los Gatos, California.
- Plank – 98 Broadway, Oakland, California.
- Rookie’s Sports Lodge – 99 South First Street, San Jose, California; and 1535 Meridian Avenue #10, San Jose, California.
- Flights Restaurant – 1100 Burlingame Avenue, Burlingame, California; 368 East Campbell Avenue, Campbell, California; 165 Los Gatos Saratoga Road, Los Gatos, California; and 800 California Street, Suite 100, Mountain View, California.
- Water Tower Kitchen – 201 Orchard City Drive, Campbell, California.
- Golden Gate Tap Room – 449 Powell Street, San Francisco, California.
- High Five at the Plex – 800 Embedded Way, San Jose, California.
- High Five Pizza Company – 171 Branham Lane, San Jose, California.
- San Pedro Square Market Bar – 87 North San Pedro Street, San Jose, California.
- Britannia Arms Almaden – 5027 Almaden Expressway, San Jose, California.
Not all of these watch bars are exclusively San Jose Sharks sports bars, but they do tend to attract lots of Sharks fans on game day.
Sometimes fans migrate to other bars. Sometimes bars close. And sometimes they are booked for special events.
Always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Where to Buy San Jose Sharks Fan Gear
Your Input on Sharks Watch Bars Wanted
Please send photos of fans at the above San Jose Sharks watch bars to be included in this post.
If you know of any other good Sharks watch bars, please leave a reply below. The same goes for any typos or corrections.
This list of the best San Jose Sharks sports bars is part of a series of posts on sports bars for fans of NHL teams.