National Hockey League
Best place to watch the Sabres is KeyBank Center in Buffalo, New York. But what if the Sabres are playing on the road? Or what if you can’t get (or afford) a ticket to the game? Check out the best Buffalo Sabers bars to watch the game in the company of other Sabre fans.
Buffalo Sabers Team History
The Buffalo Sabres are a professional ice hockey team in the United States.
The Sabres play in the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL).
When the NHL expanded to 14 teams in 1970, the Buffalo Sabres were founded. The Vancouver Canucks were added to the league the same year.
The Sabers have won six division championships. Furthermore, they have won one Presidents’ Trophy. In addition, they have won three Conference Championships.
Unfortunately, the Buffalo Sabres have never won the Stanley Cup. Could this be their lucky year?
The Sabers play home games at KeyBank Center, which is located in Buffalo, New York.
In addition, the multi-use arena is home to the Buffalo Bandits of the National Lacrosse League (NLL). It is also an important concert venues. Finally, wrestling matches and other events are often held there.
Buffalo is the largest city in Western New York State. It is close to the Canadian border. Furthermore, Niagara Falls is just a short distance away.
Best Buffalo Sabres Bars in Western New York
Here are 10 of the best sports bars and restaurants in WNY, where you can unabashedly root for Buffalo’s favourite hockey team.
However, not all bars broadcast all games. And sometimes they don’t turn the sound on.
Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure they will show the game you want to watch. And make sure that they will turn on the sound.
- Seven One Six Food & Sport – 7 Scott Street, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 855-4716.
- Bada Bing Sports Bars & Grill – 42 West Chippewa Street, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 853-2464.
- Tully’s Main & Transit – 8070 Main Street, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 634-2234.
- Ballyhoo – 211 South Park Avenue, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 240-9901.
- Mr Goodbar – 1110 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 882-4000 (only call if necessary – the bar is a busy place).
- Lockhouse Distillery & Bar – 41 Columbia Street, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 768-4898.
- Lenox Grill – 140 North Street, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 884-1700.
- Colter Bay – 561 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 436-5197.
- Amherst Pizza & Ale House – 55 Crosspoint Parkway, Amherst New York. Telephone: (716) 625-7100.
- Big Ditch Brewing Co. – 55 East Huron Street, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 854-5050.
- Buffalo Riverworks – 359 Ganson Street, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 342-2292.
- Swannie House – 170 Ohio Street, Buffalo, New York. Telephone: (716) 847-2898.
- Buffalo Sports Garden – 2945 Southwestern Blvd, Orchard Park, New York. Telephone: (716) 674-4113.
Best Buffalo Sabres Bars in Other Cities
Here are 10 of the best spots in New York City and other places where you can root for the Sabres in the company of like-minded fans.
However, you should call ahead to make sure they will show the game and that the sound will be turned on.
- Kelly’s – 12 Avenue A, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 388-1464. – “Kelly’s is NYC’s No. 1 hockey bar and the only place to be when the Sabres are playing!”
- Lincoln Station Bar & Grill – 2430 – 2332 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 472-8100.
- Johnny Mac’s Restaurant and Bar – 842 South Boulder Highway, Henderson, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 564-2121.
- Buffalo Brothers – 3111 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, North Carolina. Telephone: (919) 878-4800. – If the game isn’t on, ask your server.
A Word to the Wise
A few of these venues are official Buffalo Sabres watch bars. That does not necessarily mean they will broadcast all Sabres games.
However, they do sometimes host Sabres watch parties, which means there will be special promotions. Also, you might win a prize!
In addition, sometimes fans migrate to other bars. And sometimes bars close. Not only that, bars sometimes close to host special events.
Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Your Input on Buffalo Sabres Bars Wanted
If you have patronized any of the above mentioned Buffalo Sabres sports bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
You can mention the ambiance for Sabres fans, the visibility of TV screens, the quality of the sound, the service – whatever!
For example, how is the food? Do they serve beef on weck? Are the Buffalo wings authentic? Are any Canadian beers on tap?
Also, please let me know if any of these Buffalo Sabres watch bars have closed – or if Western New York fans are no longer watching Sabres games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the Sabres play will also be greatly appreciated! Especially welcome would be Sabers-friendly sports bars in other cities!
Above all, please get in touch if you can provide any photos of Sabres fans watching games at sports bars. I would love to add them to this post.
If You Are Traveling to Western New York
While you are visiting Western New York, why not take a Niagara Falls Boat Cruise?
This list of the best Buffalo Sabres sports bars is part of a series of posts on sports bars for fans of NHL teams.
2 Replies to “Top 17 Buffalo Sabres Sports Bars”
I like this article, but it is spelled “Sabres”
So sorry, but I’ve got British spelling on my spell-check. MY BAD! Anyway, thank you VERY much for the head’s up. I’ve made the necessary corrections.