The Taj Group of Hotels is offering a Royal Retreats package this summer at its Taj Grand Palaces. It runs through 30 September 2013. Here are the Top 10 ways to walk in the footsteps of maharajahs and maharanis.
1. Sail into a purple sunset on a 150-year old ceremonial barge complete with candlelight and resplendently dressed oarsmen
2. Take an exhilarating drive through the enchanting city of Jodhpur in a vintage car accompanied by your royal butler
3. Have a ritualistic spa treatment to soothe your mind and body
4. Dine at the world’s largest dining table
5. Enjoy a six course traditional gourmet meal served by the royal butlers while enjoying the symphony of Sufi Qawalis in a romantic setting
6. Lounge through the day with the finest selections of vintage wines, spirits, and cigars to choose from, just like a royalty
7. Enjoy privileged royal lifestyle experience surrounded by majestic and historic architecture and murals at award winning palaces
8. Retire to rooms that were once the sanctuaries of kings, princes, and their guests; suites with plush interiors and equipped with modern amenities such as luxurious bathtubs
9. Take a heritage walk through spaces that recall legends of valiant warriors, polo playing princes, elegant queens, and graceful princesses
10. Visit the palace gardens, some featured in Peter Coat’s ‘The Most Beautiful Gardens in the World’. A stroll through the five gardens at Rambagh Palace is bound to find you within sight of peacocks, wagtails, babblers, mynahs, pariah kites, tailorbirds and red-vented bulbuls among other migrants and residents
The Taj Hotel Group has 101 hotels in 61 locations across India and around the world. Included are Grand Palaces, the former royal residences of Indian maharajahs and maharanis.