Maldives Ritz-Carlton Fari Islands is an eco-resort with two kinds of villas. Some are built on stilts over the sea. And others overlook quiet coves on the beach. There are seven F&B outlets, a spa, a fitness centre, and numerous sporting, cultural and ecological activities.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company has launched its first property in the Maldives.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, joins more than 7,600 properties under 30 leading brands across 133 countries and territories.
And the luxurious resort is part of more than 100 hotels in 32 countries and territories under the Marriott International brand.
In This Post
The Republic of the Maldives is an island nation located in the Indian Ocean near Sri Lanka.
In fact, the Maldives comprises a group of 26 atolls. And they are roughly 430 miles, or 700 kilometers, from mainland Asia.
Most interesting, many of atolls house just one resort. So they offer unparalleled exclusivity.
Velana International Airport is the country’s main international gateway. And it is located on Hulhule Island, close to Male, the nation’s capital.
Travelers usually reach their hotels by seaplane or yacht.
Moreover, the resort is part of the picturesque Fari Marina with its Beach Club. And it has both boutiques and eateries. Furthermore, there are two additional resorts.
In addition, the area is famous for its untouched white-sand beaches. Moreover, it has crystal clear waters teeming with marine life.
The eco-resort is a scenic 10-minute seaplane ride, or a 45-minute luxury boat ride, from Velana International Airport.
The resort has 100 luxurious villas. And they range from one- to three bedrooms.
Some of the villas are built on stilts directly over the sea. And others are tucked away along pristine beach coves.
Most importantly, all villas have sun decks with a private infinity pool. And each villa has its own butler.
Food and Beverage
The resort has seven food and beverage outlets. While five of them are located at the resort, two are located at the nearby Fari Marina.
- Summer Pavilion – modeled from a Michelin star restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton in Singapore, this signature restaurant features contemporary Cantonese cuisine.
- Iwau – an open-air restaurant, this Japanese eatery has two teppanyaki grills.
- La Locanda – serving espressos in the morning and aperitifs at sunset, this outlet severed southern Italian cuisine.
- Beach Shack – focusing on Mediterranean cuisine, Beach Shack specializes in shared plates and grilled seafood.
- Eau Bar -a seafood restaurant, Eau Bar features fresh oysters and caviar washed down with crafted cocktails. A drum and fire ritual takes place each evening at sunset.
- Arabesque – located at Fari Marina, this restaurant focuses on Lebanon and North Indian cuisine.
- Tum Tum – also located at Fari Marina, Tum Tum is a food truck serving light Asian dishes.
The resort has a full-service spa and a well-equipped fitness centre. In addition, it offers a wide range of sports, cultural, and ecological activities.
VIP Sound Bites
Top executives from Marriott International comment on the Ritz Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands:
Jennie Toh, Vice President of Brand Marketing and Brand Management, Asia Pacific, Marriott International.
“Through the impeccable hospitality of our Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton, we look forward to sharing the breathtaking beauty of the Maldivian archipelago, and providing enriching experiences that truly embraces the local culture and traditions with all our guests,” Jennie says.
Rajeev Menon, President, Asia Pacific (excluding China), Marriott International
“Following much anticipation surrounding its debut, we are thrilled to finally open The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, and set a new standard for luxury hospitality in the Maldives, an internationally desired destination,” Rajeev says.
“This latest addition perfectly complements the Marriott International luxury portfolio, as we continually strive to meet the increasing demand for luxury offerings and experiences from affluent international travelers. This is an extremely monumental day for us, and is set to renew confidence in international travel.”
Ritz Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands – Fari Island, Maldives
Click HERE for room rates and availability.
For More Information …
- Ministry of Tourism, Republic of Maldives>>
- Visit Maldives, the Sunny Side of Life>>
- Maldives Tourism Development Corp PLC>>
- Maldives Association of Tourism Industry>>
You Might Also Enjoy …