Are the New York Mets headed to the World Series? If you can’t get tickets to attend games at Citi Field, it’s an away game, or you live out of town, here’s your guide to the best bars to root for the Mets in New York and out of town.
UPDATED FOR THE 2022 MLB SEASON
In This Post
New York Mets Team History
The New York Mets play in the East Division of Major League Baseball’s National League. They are one of two professional baseball teams representing New York City, the other being the New York Yankees.
Founded in 1962, the New York Mets were an expansion team established to fill the gap that was created when the New York Giants and the Brooklyn Dodgers moved to the West Coast, becoming the San Francisco Giants and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Their colours, orange and blue, were drawn from the colours of the two departing baseball teams: orange and black for the Giants and blue and white for the Dodgers.
The New York Mets won the World Series in 1969 and 1986. The baseball team has won five National League pennants, six East Division titles, including in 2015, and three Wild Card berths, including in 2016.
The New York Mets play at Citi Field in the Flushing Meadows – Corona Park section of Queens, New York.
The best place to root for the Mets is at Citi Field in Queens. If you can’t get tickets – or the Mets are playing baseball on the road – the 10 best spots to root for the Mets in New York City follow.
Some of the best sports bars to root for the Mets out of town are also listed.
Where to Watch the New York Mets
The following sports bars and restaurants are popular with New York Mets fans. Some fans like to watch games at them. And others stop by before or after the game for a drink or a bite to eat.
Because of COVID-19, some of these New York Mets bars may have closed. Always call ahead to make sure they are open – and that they will be showing the game
Best New York Mets Bars in New York City and Long Island
- Changing Times American Sports Bar and Grill – 29 East Main Street, Farmingdale, Long Island, New York. Telephone: (631) 647 -7871. Others locations: East Northpoint and Bay Shore, Long Island. Social Media: Facebook
- Foley’s – 18 West 33rd Street, Manhattan, New York. Telephone: (212) 290-0080. Social Media: Facebook
- Blondies Sports – 212 West 79th Street, Manhattan, New York. Telephone: (212) 362-4360. Social Media: Facebook
- Jack’s Goal Line Stand – 149 Brighton Avenue, Long Branch, New Jersey. Telephone: (732) 870-8800. Social Media: Facebook
- Standings – 43 East Seventh Street, Manhattan, New York. Telephone: (212) 420-0671. Social Media: Facebook
- The Playwright Irish Pub – 27 West 35th Street, Manhattan, New York. Telephone: (212) Social Media: Facebook
- McFadden’s Citi Field – 3 6-2, 126th Street, Queens, New York. Telephone: (718) 651-2220. Social Media: Facebook – STILL OPEN?
- Roosevelt Sports Bar – 133-45 Roosevelt Avenue, Flushing, Queens, New York. Telephone: (718) 463-2313. Social Media: Facebook – STILL OPEN
- Dewy’s Pub – 135 West 30th Street, Manhattan, New York. Telephone: (212) 685-7781. STILL OPEN?
Best New York Mets Bars in Other Cities
- Racine Plumbing Bar and Grill – 2642 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 871-1600. Social Media: Facebook
- West 4th and Jane – 1432A 4th Street, Santa Monica, California. Telephone: (310) 395-6705. Social Media: Facebook
- Ace’s – 998 Sutter Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 673-0644. Social Media: Facebook
51st State Bar – 2521 L Street NW. Washington, DC. – CLOSED
Your Feedback Wanted
Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments. Please send any corrections or additions of New York Mets bars to the Accidental Travel Writer or leave a comment in the comment box below.
Traveling to a New York Mets Game?
Should you fly, drive, or take the train? If you live nearby, driving or taking the train, subway, or bus is probably the best option. However, if you are traveling from a distance, flying would be the fastest and most convenient way to go.
Citi Field is located in Queens. And New York has three airports. So which airport should you fly into?
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – 1.9 miles from Citi Field, home of the New York Mets.
- New York JFK Airport (JFK) – 8.5 miles from Citi Field.
- Newark Airport (EWR) – 26 miles from Citi Field.
Check out cheapOair for the best New York travel deals. When searching flights, use NYC if you don’t care which airport you want to fly into. Otherwise, use the specific airport code: LGA, JFK, or EWR.
You Might Also Enjoy
- Top 10 New York Giants Sports Bars>>
- Top 10 New York Jets Sports Bars>>
- Top 10 Buffalo Bills Sports Bars>>