Pimalai Resort Koh Lanta is Koh Lanta’s oldest five-star resort. The resort occupies a large site, cascading down to a hill to one of Thailand’s loveliest beaches. It has 121 rooms, suites, and villas, four food and beverage outlets a full-service spa, a fitness centre, a yoga studio, a running track around a reservoir, and various other sports facilities.
Destination Koh Lanta
Koh Lanta is a collection of 52 islands in Southern Thailand. However, when most people think of Koh Lanta, they think of Koh Lanta Yai. To clarify, Koh Lanta Yai is where most of the hotels in Koh Lanta are located.
Not only are there modest hostels catering to backpackers. In addition, there are upscale five-star resorts.
Koh Lanta has tropical rain forests, nine beaches, clear waters, and coral reefs. Consequently, the island is popular with both ecotourists and scuba diving enthusiasts.
Koh Lanta is about 70 kilometers from Krabi. And Krabi International Airport is the closest airport. Another option is Phuket International Airport and Trang International Airport.
Pimalai Resort Koh Lanta Overview
Pimalai Resort & Spa was Koh Lanta’s first five-star resort. In fact, it opened nearly two decades ago. The hotel occupies a 100-acre site, which cascades down a hillside toward the sea.
And it fronts on a 900-meter stretch of sandy beach. In fact, many people think that Kantiang Bay is one of Thailand’s loveliest beaches.
Pimalai Resort Koh Lanta has 121 rooms, suites, and villas. And they range from 48 to 650 square meters.
All rooms have private balconies. As for suites and villas, they run from one to three bedrooms.
Included are both Hillside Ocean Pool Villas with breathtaking views and Beachside Villas, which are just steps from the beach. Both hillside and oceanside villas have infinity pools.
Food and Beverage Outlets
The hotel has four food and beverage outlets. In addition, there are several eateries and bars in the vicinity.
- Rak Talay Beach Bar and Restaurant serves an international menu with a focus on Thai style seafood. And it opens for lunch and dinner.
- Seven Seas Restaurant is a fine-dining eatery serving French-inspired cuisine. As an all-day restaurant, it opens for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Spice and Rice Restaurant serves authentic Thai cuisine. And opens for lunch only.
- The Banyan Tree Poolside Cafe serves light meals delivered from the main restaurant. And it opens only for lunch. In fact, the last order must be placed by 4.30 pm.
The hotel is a dream come true for active travelers. First, it has an award-winning spa. And the spa offers a full menu of traditional and contemporary spa treatments.
Included are massages, facials, body scrubs, body wraps, and spa packages. Most unusually, the spa offers complimentary spa classes three times a week. And these lessons include…
- Art of Traditional Thai Massage
- Making of Small Aromatic Herbal Pouches
- Art of Neck and Shoulder Massage.
In fact, these lessons last one hour.
Additional property amenities include a yoga studio, a fitness centre, and a muay Thai ring. Both group and individual classes are offered. However, there is an additional charge.
In fact, there are four classes a day. And they are held seven days a week. Finally, there is a well-equipped sports center. And facilities include …
- Running track along the large water reservoir
- Petanque/ bocci ground
- Half basketball court with basketball hoop
- Two tennis courts (tennis shoes are compulsory)
- Badminton court
- English croquet ground
- Ping pong table and table tennis rackets
VIP Sound Bites
Patrice Landrein, General Manager, Pimalai Resort & Spa
“With our blissful blend of seclusion, serenity, and sustainability, Pimalai has always been popular with foreigners who want to relax in luxury, away from the crowds,” Patrice says.