Arts + Culture
Mid-tier artworks in the S$10,000 to $100,000 price range are in the spotlight at the first ever Singapore Contemporary art show, which runs from 21 to 24 January 2016 a the Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Singapore Contemporary focuses on mid-tier contemporary artworks. It is being held from 21 to 24 January 2016 at the Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre in Singapore.
The first ever Singapore Contemporary Art Show highlights a cross section of artworks by artists based in Singapore, China, and other parts of Asia.
Works by artists in Australia, Europe, and North America are also featured.
Artworks are curated in 3 major sections:
- Gallery Projects, featuring art galleries with a permanent space, a strong exhibit calendar, and international exhibition experience;
- China Encounters, focusing on galleries presenting noted Chinese contemporary artists, in many cases exhibited internationally for the first time; and …
- Artist Dialogues for solo exhibits by a gallery or artist, providing the opportunity for collectors to meet and engage with some diverse and talented artists.
Singapore Contemporary is being held concurrently with Art Stage Singapore as part of Singapore Art Week . The focus is on artworks in the S$10,000 to S$100,000 range although some pricier works are also included.
The scope of artworks presented ranges from original paintings to limited editions, sculptures, photography, video, and digital art by some of the world’s most interesting and promising artists.
Included are both emerging and mid-career artists and artists that have already made a name for themselves at auctions and in private and public collections.
Two special art projects are featured in Singapore Contemporary 2016: “Artist Dialogues” and “China Dialogues”.
Artist Dialogues is a curated series of solo artist exhibits by a gallery or artist.
“China Encounters” is a series of presentations by selected art galleries from across China. also importantly those with investment potential.
Artworks by the following artists are featured …
- Ronald Ventura of the Philippines;
- Myoung Jo Jeong of Korea;
- Dean Reilly of Australia;
- Lampo Leong of China and the United States;
- Li Shuang of France;
- Li Yueling of China;
- Andy Warhol of the United States;
- Toshinobu Onosatuof Japan.
Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Have you ever attended Singapore Art Week? What did you think of it?
Please post your comment in the Comment Box below or on Facebook at the following link: Accidental Travel Writer on Facebook. And don't forget to LIKE us while you're there!