National Football League
Time to update this post! Originally published on 10 August 2012, this post is the most popular post ever published by the Accidental Travel Writer. However, it is seriously out of date. Please help me update it with your input on the best Oakland Raiders bars in the Raider Nation!
The Raider Nation seems to have fans all over the place. In fact, there are Raiders fans not just throughout the United States, but also around the world.
If the National Football League has a football team with a national fan base, it would have to be the Oakland Raiders.
While most of the best sports bars to watch the Raiders play are located in California, they are spread as far and wide as Arizona, Colorado, DC, Florida, Illinois, New York, and Nevada.
Your Help Needed!
This list was created several years ago, and it seriously out of date. Therefore, I would like to update it based on fan input.
If you are a Raiders fan, please help me update and expand it.
First of all, I would like to know if any of these bars should be removed from the list. Whereas some might have gone out of business, others might have been abandoned by Oakland Raider fans.
Secondly, I would like to create more lists in order to expand coverage. In other words, I would like to create lists for different fan bases.
For example, one would be for Oakland Raiders bars in Northern California. Secondly, one for Raiders fans in Southern California. Thirdly, one for Raiders fans in Nevada. Finally, one for the rest of the Raider Nation!
In conclusion, please scroll down to COMMENTS and recommend bars that attract Raiders fans on game day.
Include the names of the sports bars and the cities and states they are located in. However, bars MUST have an on line presence. In addition, watch bars active on Facebook are preferred.
Best Oakland Raiders Bars
If you can’t attend a game in person at the Black Hole, a.k.a. the Oakland Coliseum, here are the Top 10 sports bars to watch the Oakland Raiders play.
- Ricky’s Sports Theater and Grill – 15028 Hesperian Blvd, San Leandro, California Tel: (510) 352 0200 Website: Located in the heart of Oakland Raiders territory, rated by Sports Illustrated magazine as the second best sports bar in the United States. More importantly, it is the number one hangout for the Raider Nation in Northern California.
- Catalina Sports Bar and Grill – 2939 North 16th Street, Phoenix, Arizona. Tel: (602) 274-1320. This raucous Raiders nest was voted Best Oakland Raiders Sports Bar in the Nation a couple of years back. Can they defend their title this season?
- Peter Dillon’s – 140 East 40th Street, New York, NY. Tel: (212) 213 3998. New York might have two football teams – the New York Giants and the New York Jets – but there are more than a few Oakland Raider fans in the Big Apple. If you a member of the Raider Nation in the NYC area, this is the place for you. SHIELDS UP!
- Public Bar – 1214 B 18th Street Northwest, Washington, DC. Tel: (202) 223-2200. This is home of the DC Metro Black Hole.
- Killarney Pub and Grill – 209 Main Street, Huntington Beach, California Tel: (714) 536 7887.
- Tavern on Little Fort – 4128 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Tel: (773) 360-1969.
- Legends Sports Bar and Grill – 5866 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, Nevada Tel: (702) 778-8750.
- Last Call Sports Bar and Grill – 7052 Pecos Street, Denver, Colorado. Tel: (303) 427-4332
- O’Brien’s Irish Pub and Grill – 701 West Lumsden Road, Brandon, Florida. Tel: (813) 661-9688. This is the official Florida Raider Nation viewing location in the Tampa Bay Area.
- Davenport Ale House – 1260 Posner Boulevard, Davenport, Florida,. Tel: (863) 420-8000. This is the official Florida Raider Nation viewing location in Central Florida.
Keep in mind that bars close and fans migrate. So please call ahead to make sure that bars are still open and that they will be broadcasting games before heading to them.