National Football League
Time to update this post! Originally published on 10 August 2012, this post is the most popular post ever published by the Accidental Travel Writer. However, it is seriously out of date. Please help me update it with your input on the best Oakland Raiders bars in the Raider Nation!
The Raider Nation seems to have fans all over the place. In fact, there are Raiders fans not just throughout the United States, but also around the world.
If the National Football League has a football team with a national fan base, it would have to be the Oakland Raiders.
While most of the best sports bars to watch the Raiders play are located in California, they are spread as far and wide as Arizona, Colorado, DC, Florida, Illinois, New York, and Nevada.
Your Help Needed!
This list was created several years ago, and it seriously out of date. Therefore, I would like to update it based on fan input.
If you are a Raiders fan, please help me update and expand it.
First of all, I would like to know if any of these bars should be removed from the list. Whereas some might have gone out of business, others might have been abandoned by Oakland Raider fans.
Secondly, I would like to create more lists in order to expand coverage. In other words, I would like to create lists for different fan bases.
For example, one would be for Oakland Raiders bars in Northern California. Secondly, one for Raiders fans in Southern California. Thirdly, one for Raiders fans in Nevada. Finally, one for the rest of the Raider Nation!
In conclusion, please scroll down to COMMENTS and recommend bars that attract Raiders fans on game day.
Include the names of the sports bars and the cities and states they are located in. However, bars MUST have an on line presence. In addition, watch bars active on Facebook are preferred.
Best Oakland Raiders Bars
If you can’t attend a game in person at the Black Hole, a.k.a. the Oakland Coliseum, here are the Top 10 sports bars to watch the Oakland Raiders play.
- Ricky’s Sports Theater and Grill – 15028 Hesperian Blvd, San Leandro, California Tel: (510) 352 0200 Website: Located in the heart of Oakland Raiders territory, rated by Sports Illustrated magazine as the second best sports bar in the United States. More importantly, it is the number one hangout for the Raider Nation in Northern California.
- Catalina Sports Bar and Grill – 2939 North 16th Street, Phoenix, Arizona. Tel: (602) 274-1320. This raucous Raiders nest was voted Best Oakland Raiders Sports Bar in the Nation a couple of years back. Can they defend their title this season?
- Peter Dillon’s – 140 East 40th Street, New York, NY. Tel: (212) 213 3998. New York might have two football teams – the New York Giants and the New York Jets – but there are more than a few Oakland Raider fans in the Big Apple. If you a member of the Raider Nation in the NYC area, this is the place for you. SHIELDS UP!
- Public Bar – 1214 B 18th Street Northwest, Washington, DC. Tel: (202) 223-2200. This is home of the DC Metro Black Hole.
- Killarney Pub and Grill – 209 Main Street, Huntington Beach, California Tel: (714) 536 7887.
- Tavern on Little Fort – 4128 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Tel: (773) 360-1969.
- Legends Sports Bar and Grill – 5866 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, Nevada Tel: (702) 778-8750.
- Last Call Sports Bar and Grill – 7052 Pecos Street, Denver, Colorado. Tel: (303) 427-4332
- O’Brien’s Irish Pub and Grill – 701 West Lumsden Road, Brandon, Florida. Tel: (813) 661-9688. This is the official Florida Raider Nation viewing location in the Tampa Bay Area.
- Davenport Ale House – 1260 Posner Boulevard, Davenport, Florida,. Tel: (863) 420-8000. This is the official Florida Raider Nation viewing location in Central Florida.
Keep in mind that bars close and fans migrate. So please call ahead to make sure that bars are still open and that they will be broadcasting games before heading to them.
29 Replies to “Top 10 Oakland Raiders Sports Bars”
Wow, Chula Vista is in San Diego County! That’s a surprise one.
NEED TO COME DOWN TO LUCKY CLUB CASINO IN LAS VEGAS
wOOHHHOOOO! #10 IS RITE UP THE STREET 4M ME!!
The Official DCM Raiders Booster Club bar in DC is Kelly’s Irish Times, near Union Station!!!
We will be back next season! Better and Strong! All Raiders Fans going to Las Vegas or live there! Check out Lucie’s Lounge at 3935 E Charleston Blvd 702.776.6417
Update – if you’re in and around the Washington, D.C. area, come hang out with the Raider Nation at Kelly’s Irish Times (located near Union Station, in downtown D.C.)
ricky’s is definitely #1 with raider nation. during the season, you’ll have players, raiders front office people, even the monday night football announcers & crew come there!
i’ve been to shifty’s in vegas…they treated us really well! when they found out we were from oakland, the folks there treated us to drinks and the dj called us out for a big greeting! huge raiderfans with lots of energy there at shifty’s!
SF Raiders Fans: Ho’s Bootleg Tavern in Russian Hill, SF. We were recently reviewed, “Best Raider bar in SF. A must for Oakland fans on Sunday’s. If you bleed sliver and black, this is the place to be on Sunday. #ain’tnoplacelikeho’s” (thanks Tim!!) We open 10am Sat & Sundays with bottomless brunch ’till 3pm and serve awesome bar food like fried chicken sandwiches ’till late night. Check us out, thank you Raiders Fans!!! http://www.hosbootlegtavern.com, 2360 Vanness at Green Street, 94109, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in Phoenix or anywhere close and need to watch a Raiders game, Catalina’s is the place to be! The crowd is always friendly and the service is great!
Thanks for your input, Sean! I’ve heard very good things about Catalina’s!
Thirsty mule in OAKLAND, ME. Maine’s home for raider nation
Knight’s of the Shield Raiders Booster Club AZ Chapter always have a great family time out at Majerles in Good Year AZ 🙂 great food atmosphere, large TV’s and excellent food with great service clean restrooms Large patio with a large indoor and outdoor projector 🙂 Raffles, DJ spinning, and much more fun 🙂
Will have to check it out, Masaye! Thanks for the head’s up!
Will have to check it out if I’m ever down that way!
Making a new spot at Dave and Busters Tempe market place. Raider Nation Familia and Raider Rock will be hosting family fun and events for all RAIDERS and their families. Clean atmosphere with plenty of tv’s along with raffles and prizes. Come and unite with the local fan base.
Sounds good, Raider Rock! Make sure to share photos!
The Best Raiders bar in Las Vegas is Legends Sports bar and grill- 5866 boulder highway. Espn and all the local tv stations(fox,nbc,cbs,abc,telemundo) go there for raider newsspots and comments. Legends was featured on the relocation vote with a live spot on Espn as well as draft day after the Conley pick with live video of raider fans. Theres a new Raider wall of fame that everyone needs to check out also….Pete
Hey Pete! Glad to know I got it right! Thanks for the additional input!
Cowboy Lounge downtown Denver is the home of the Oakland Raiders Soldiers Booster Club…..1949 Market St Denver, CO
Thank you VERY much for the USEFUL feedback, Chris! It is much appreciated!!!
You left out the BEST one……..Silver and Black Empire: The NYC Home of Raider Nation, New York, NY.
AWESOME! Can’t wait! See ya there! RRRAAAIIIDERRRSS!!!
Are you sure, Dave? What about Peter Dillon’s? It made third place. Or is there another NYC Raiders hangout I didn’t know about?
Raiders booster club of OC
926 W Orangethorpe Ave, Fullerton, CA 92833
Hey Luis! Thanks for the input!
Rookies Sports Bar in Raleigh, NC is the home of NC Raider Fans and gets 50+ Raider fans out on game day!
Good to know, Jay! Thanks for the heads up!
Th e Raiders Boosters of York Pa. are in their 28th year of existence. We meet at the Burning Bridge Tavern in Wrightsville Pa. for all games. Come watch the games with us. Check us out at rboy.org
Wow! That’s a long time, Dan! Maybe we can do a feature on your club and the bar!