Major League Baseball
Check out the best Washington Nationals bars in the Nation’s Capital and neighboring Virginia and Maryland. If you know of other bars friendly to Nats fans – especially in other parts of the nation – please leave a comment in the COMMENT box. Fan fotos also welcome!
Washington Nationals Team History
The Washington Nationals will make only their third appearance in the World Series in 2019.
The last time a DC team made it to the World Series was in 1933, when the Washington Senators lost to the New York Giants in five games.
The U.S. capital’s only baseball championship was in 1924, when the Senators defeated the New York Giants.
The Senators eventually left D.C., which didn’t have a team at all for more than three decades. The Montreal Expos — who were founded in 1969 and never made it to the World Series — moved to Washington in 2005.
The Nationals had never managed to advance in the postseason since arriving, going 0-4 in the NLDS over the last seven years.
The Washington Nationals compete in the East division of the National League of Major League Baseball (MLB).
The baseball team was established in 1969 in Montreal, Quebec, where they were called the Expos. They were Canada’s first MLB sports franchise.
The baseball team moved to Washington, DC, in 2005, where they were renamed to Washington Nationals.
The Nationals play at Nationals Park in the nation’s capital.
The baseball team has won the East division title four times, but it has never won a league championship.
Will this be the Nats’ lucky year?
Best Washington Nationals Bars in the District of Columbia
Therefore, make sure to call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast!
- The Bullpen – 1201 Half Street SE, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 646-0045.
- The Queen Vic British Pub – 1206 H St NE, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 396-2001.
- Exiles Bar – 1610 U Street NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 396-2001.
- Mission Navy Yard – 1221 Van Street SE, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 810-7010.
- The Big Stick – 20 M Street SE, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 750-7724.
- City Tap House Dupont – 1250 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 878-8235.
- City Tap House Penn Quarter – 901 – 9th St NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 733-5333.
- Trusty’s – 1420 Pennsylvania Ave SE, Washington, DC. Telephone: (205) 547-1010.
- Blackfinn Ameripub – 1620 – I St NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 496-4200.
Best Washington Nationals Bars in Virginia
The following sports bars in Virginia often broadcast Nats’ games. However, it is always a good idea to call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
- Barrel & Bushel – 7901 Tysons One Place, Tysons, Virginia. Telephone: (703) 848-6340.
- Continental Pool Lounge – 1911 Fort Myer Drive (at the corner of Lee Hwy &, North Moore Street), Arlington, Virginia. Telephone: (703) 465-7675.
- Crystal City Sports Pub – 529 – 23rd Street South, Arlington,Virginia. Telephone: (703) 521-8215.
- William Jeffrey’s Tavern – 2301 Columbia Pike, Arlington, Virginia. Telephone: (703) 746-6333.
- Revolution Billiards – 9687 Fairfax Boulevard, Fairfax, Virginia. Telephone: (703) 385-7529.
- The Revolution Darts & Billiards – 14114 Lee Highway, Centreville, Virginia. Telephone: (703) 266-1888.
- The Revolution Darts & Billiards – 7255 Commerce Street, Springfield, Virginia. Telephone: (703) 912-7529.Glory Days Grill – 3059 Nutley St, Fairfax, Virginia. Telephone: (703) 204-0900. Additional locations in several others cities in Virginia.
Best Washington Nationals Bars in Maryland
Although the following sports bars in Maryland often broadcast Nats’ games, it would be a good idea to call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
- Caddies Bar and Grill – 4922 Cordell Avenue, Bethesda Maryland. Telephone: (301) 215-7730.
- Summer House Santa Monica – 11825 Grand Park Avenue, North Bethesda, Maryland. Telephone: (301) 881-2381.
- Not Your Average Joe’s – 245 Kentlands Blvd, Gaithersburg, Maryland. Telephone: (240) 477-1040.
- Glory Days Grill – 3 Lee Airpark Drive, Edgewater, Maryland. Telephone: ( 443) 808-8880. Additional locations in Eldersburg, Elliott CIty, Frederick Pasadena, and Towson.
Your Help Wanted
Bars sometimes close and sometimes fans switch loyalties to other establishments. Please post corrections in the Comment Box below.
Please also feel free to post information about other sports bars friendly to Washington Nationals fans in the Comment Box. Nats’ hangouts in other cities especially welcome!
Why You Should Visit Washington in Spring
Where to Eat and Stay in Washington, DC
You Might Also Like …
This post on Washington Nationals Bars contains affiliate links!