Best NFL Team Watch Bars
The New England Patriots are Super Bowl bound! The Pats will face the Los Angeles Rams at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. If you can’t watch the game in person, here are the 10 best Pats watch bars in New England and where to root for the Pas in other areas.
Super Bowl or Bust!
The second seed New England Patriots defeated the Kansas City Chiefs by a score of 37 to 31 to secure a place in Super Bowl 53. It will be the Pats’ 10th appearance in the National Football League (NFL) championship game.
Somewhat ironically, both the NFC and American Football Conference (AFC) championship games were decided in overtime.
The Patriots are no stranger to the Super Bowl. They were the first NFL team to reach 10 Super Bowls last season, but lost to the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LII at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The New England Patriots have won the Super Bowl five times: 2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, and 2017. Only two otherteams, the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers, have equaled this record.
The Pittsburgh Steelers, however have won six Super Bowls. If the Patriots prevail in Super Bowl LIII, they will match this coveted statistic.
Super Bowl 53 will be held in Atlanta, Georgia, on Sunday 3 February at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
If you can’t make it to the Super Bowl in person, some of the best spots to root for the Pats follow – in Boston, around New England, and across around the country.
Boston Baked Beans, Anyone?
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the New England Patriots. Some of them are full fledged team hangouts.
The Fours Boston, in fact, has been rated by Sports Illustrated as the BEST sports bar in the United States.
However, bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. And sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events.
So always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- The Fours Boston – 166 Canal Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- McGreevy’s – 911 Boylston Street, Boston, Massachusetts. – America’s First Sports Bar.
- CBS Scene Restaurant and Bar – 200 Patriot Place, Foxborough, Massachusetts.
- Cask ‘n Flagon – 2 Brookline Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Jakes and Joes Sports Bar and Grille – 475 Boston Providence Highway, Norwood, Massachusetts.
- Scoreboard Sports Bar and Grill – 15 Middlesex Canal Park, Woburn, Massachusetts.
- The Halfway Café, 820 Boston Post Road, Marlborough, Massachusetts.
- Boston Beer Works – 110 Canal Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Game On! – 82 Lansdowne Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Snookers – 53 Ashburton Street, Providence, Rhode Island.
Where to Root for the Patriots Outside New England
While not necessarily exclusive New England Patriots hangouts, the following sports bars often attract Patriots fans on game day.
Some of them even serve clam chowder, Boston Baked Beans, and other New England favourites.
But always call ahead to make sure the game you want to watch will be broadcast!
- Theory Sports Bar and Grill – 9 West Hubbard Street, Chicago, Illinois. “On game day, we are all Patriots”.
- Kelly’s Landing New England Seafood – 1305 Southeast 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Barney’s Beanery – 99 East Colorado, Pasadena, California.
- The Connecticut Yankee -100 Connecticut Street, San Francisco, California.
- Tripoli Tap – 1147 West Armitage Avenue, Chicago, Illinois.
- Beantown Tavern – 130 Matthews Station Street, Matthews, North Carolina.
- B. D. Riley’s Irish Pub and Restaurant – 204 East 6th Street, Austin, Texas (downtown), and 1905 Aldrich Street Suite 130, Austin, Texas (Mueller).
- Murphy’s Alexandria – 713 King Street, Alexandria, Virginia.
- Nick’s Place – 2713 Rockyridge Drive, Houston, Texas.
- Tir Na Nog Penn Station – 254 West 31st Street, New York, New York.
- Little Bar – 757 South Labrea Avenue, Los Angeles, California.
- Sonny McLean’s – 2615 Wilshire Boulevard – Santa Monica, California. Telephone: (310) 828-9839.
Gilette Stadium – Home of the New England Patriots!
Gilette Stadium. Photo Credit: Eric Stalard.
The New England Patriots play home games at Gillette Stadium in the town of Foxborough, Massachusetts.
The football stadium is located 21 miles (34 kilometres) southwest of downtown and 20 miles (32 kilometres) northeast of downtown Providence, Rhode Island.
Patriots Team History
The New England Patriots were originally called the Boston Patriots. They were one of the founding members of the American Football League (AFL), which merged with the National Football League in 1970.
The football team’s name was changed when it moved to Foxborough in 1971.
The New England Patriots are one of the most successful football teams in NFL history. The football team has made nine appearances in the Super Bowl, more than any other football team.
The New England Patriots, the San Francisco 49ers, and the Dallas Cowboys have all won the Super Bowl five times. Only one team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, has won the Super Bowl more times.
The Patriots’ key rivals are the New York Jets. It is considered one of the most bitter rivalries in the NFL.
Your Input Wanted
If you have patronized and of the above mentioned New England Patriots sports bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
You can mention the ambiance for New England fans, the visibility of TV screens, the quality of the sound, the food, the service – whatever!
Also, please let me know if any of these New England watch bars have closed – or if New England fans are no longer watching Patriots games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the New England Patriots play will also be greatly appreciated!