National Football League
Looking for a New England Patriots bar near you? If you can’t watch the game in person, here are the best New England Patriots bars in Boston, around Massachusetts, and across the country. Root for the Pats in the company of like-minded football fans!
UPDATED FOR THE 2020 NFL SEASON!
Patriots Team History
The New England Patriots were originally called the Boston Patriots. Most noteworthy, they were one of the founding members of the American Football League (AFL).
The AFL merged with the National Football League in 1970. Following that, the football team moved from Boston to Foxborough in 1971. As a result, the team’s name was changed from the Boston Patriots to the New England Patriots.
The New England Patriots are one of the most successful football teams in NFL history. In fact, the football team has made nine appearances in the Super Bowl. Above all, it has made more appearances in the Super Bowl than any other football team.
The New England Patriots, the San Francisco 49ers, and the Dallas Cowboys have all won the Super Bowl five times.
However, the Pittsburgh Steelers, have won the Super Bowl even more times than either team. In contrast to their five championship seasons, the Steelers have won six NFL championships.
The Patriots’ key rivals are the New York Jets. Probably, it is one of the bitterest rivalries in the NFL.
Boston Baked Beans, Anyone?
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the New England Patriots. Some of them are full fledged Patriots fan hangouts.
In fact, the Fours Boston has been rated by Sports Illustrated as the BEST sports bar in the United States.
However, bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. And sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events.
Therefore, it is always a good idea to call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- The Fours Boston – 166 Canal Street, Boston, Massachusetts. PERMANENTLY CLOSED
- McGreevy’s – 911 Boylston Street, Boston, Massachusetts. – America’s First Sports Bar.
- Cask‘n Flagon – 2 Brookline Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Jakes and Joes Sports Bar and Grille – 475 Boston Providence Highway, Norwood, Massachusetts.
- Boston Beer Works – 110 Canal Street, Boston, Massachusetts. TEMPORARILY CLOSED
- Game On! – 82 Lansdowne Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Snookers – 53 Ashburton Street, Providence, Rhode Island.
- Scoreboard Sports Bar and Grill – 15 Middlesex Canal Park, Woburn, Massachusetts.
- The Halfway Café – 820 Boston Post Road, Marlborough, Massachusetts.
- CBS Sporting Club – 200 Patriot Place, Foxborough, Massachusetts.
- Longboards Restaurant & Bar – 72 Wharf St Salem, Massachusetts. Tel: (978) 745-6659.
Where to Root for the Patriots Outside New England
While not necessarily exclusive New England Patriots hangouts, the following sports bars often attract Patriots fans on game day.
Most importantly, some of them even serve clam chowder, Boston Baked Beans, and other New England favourites!
But always call ahead to make sure the game you want to watch will be broadcast!
- Theory Sports Bar and Grill – 9 West Hubbard Street, Chicago, Illinois. “On game day, we are all Patriots”.
- Kelly’s Landing New England Seafood – 1305 Southeast 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Barney’s Beanery – 99 East Colorado, Pasadena, California.
- The Connecticut Yankee -100 Connecticut Street, San Francisco, California.
- Ironside Bar & Galley – 546 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (312) 973-7792.
- Tripoli Tap – 1147 West Armitage Avenue, Chicago, Illinois.
- Beantown Tavern – 130 Matthews Station Street, Matthews, North Carolina.
- Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub – 713 King Street, Alexandria, Virginia.
- Nick’s Place – 2713 Rockyridge Drive, Houston, Texas.
- Tir Na Nog Penn Station – 254 West 31st Street, New York, New York.
- Sonny McLean’s – 2615 Wilshire Boulevard – Santa Monica, California. Telephone: (310) 828-9839.
New England Patriots Fan Fotos
Gilette Stadium – Home of the New England Patriots!
Home of the New England Patriots, Gillete Stadium is located in Foxborough, Massachusetts. Photo Credit: Eric Stalard.
The New England Patriots play home games at Gillette Stadium in the town of Foxborough, Massachusetts.
Located 21 miles (34 kilometres) southwest of downtown Boston, the stadium is 20 miles (32 kilometres) northeast of downtown Providence, Rhode Island.
You Might Also Like …
- Top 10 Boston Bruins Sports Bars>>
- Top 10 Boston Celtics Sports Bars>>
- Top 10 Boston Red Sox Sports Bars>>
Your Input on New England Patriots Bars Wanted
Have you patronized and of the above mentioned New England Patriots sports bars? If so, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
For example, you can mention the ambiance for New England fans. In addition, you mention the visibility of TV screens and the quality of the sound. Similarly, you can mention the quality of the food and the friendliness of the service.
Also, please let me know if any of these New England watch bars have closed. In the same vein, you can inform me if New England fans are no longer watching Patriots games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the New England Patriots play will also be greatly appreciated!
If You’re Headed to New England …
This post on New England Patriots bars contains affiliate links.