Major League Baseball
The Boston Red Sox are one of those baseball teams with a national following. If you can’t make it to Fenway Park, there are dozens of sports bars all over Bean Town where the televisions will be broadcasting the game.
And if you’re in New York City, Chicago, Illinois, Washington, DC, or practically any other city in the United States, televisions broadcasting Red Sox games are usually as close as the nearest Irish pub.
I’ve even heard that there are Red Sox hangouts all over Japan, where baseball is clearly the national sport.
I can vouch for that. The hotel I stayed at in Tokyo recently had a television in the fitness centre, and it broadcast MLB games live. I remember watching the Red Sox play as I was working out – among other MLB teams . . .
Where to Watch the Boston Red Sox Play Baseball
- Bleacher Bar – 82A Lansdowne, Green Line/Kenmore, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 262-2424. Right inside the Green Monster, with a garage door that opens for a field level view of the game. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- Cask ‘n’ Flagon – 62 Brookline Avenue, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 536-4840. If you can’t get inside the Green Monster, this is the next best things – it’s right across the street! Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- McGreevy’s Third Base Saloon – 911 Boylston Street, Boston, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 262-0911. The self-proclaimed original sports bar – and the mythical birthplace of the Red Sox Nation. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- Rivera Café & Sports Bar – Sheridan Squre, Greenwich Village, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 929-3250. The self proclaimed Boston Embassy in New York City. You can catch all Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots games at this Bostonian hangout. Social Media: Facebook
- Honky Tonk Tavern – 1154 First Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 207-8550. Now that the Hairy Monk has lost its lease, Boston fans are being asked to migrate to the Honky Tonk Tavern. Will it be the same? Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- Professor Thom’s – 219 Second Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 260-9480. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter – Instagram
- Ironside Bar & Galley – 546 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (312) 973-7792.
- Boston’s on the Beach – 40 South Ocean Boulevard, Delray Beach, Florida. Telephone: (561) 278-3364. The name says it all! Whether it’s the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, or Celitcs – you find the game on one or more of the 30 TVs!Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- Brendan’s Pub – 3169 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 929-2929. Brendan’s bills itself as Chicago’s #1 Red Sox Bar. Social Media: Twitter
- Sonny McLeans Irish Pub – ‘2615 Wilshire Boulevard, Santa Monica, California. Telephone: (310) 449-1811. Would you believe it has bus trips to Anaheim when the Angles are playing the Red Sox? Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- The Ugly Mug – 723 – 8th Street, Southeast, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 547-8459. a Red Sox hangout in the Nation’s Capital. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- The Bus Stop Saloon – 1901 Union Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 567-6905.